Subject: FF 4 - SoS upgraded PzIVd rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried this scenario with PzIV that is FP5/5? In my opinion, this would change the balance of scenario, but would make PzIV's what they should be - rams for Panzer formations, not rabbits that run away at the first sight of enemy tanks (of which most has less than 10mm thick armour).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Redshaw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of trying that myself as having player FF4 solo I think it's a tough one for the Germans.

Although you can still hurt other thanks with the standard AtB PzIV counter by getting into short or close range combat.

In general I think as long as you're willing to play a FF twice with both players getting chance to use the upgraded PzIV things should be OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
Designing game modules for the Zuntzu online gaming platform
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of those firefights where, in my opinion, heavy use of smoke is mandatory. The german forces need to either storm the hill quickly, or make a quick run around it, and both strategies need smoke covering. Since only the PzIVe is able to do smoking jobs, he will be busy with it for the first half of the firefight, so having upgraded blue firepower will not really make big changes.

The question that stays is whether it will make a difference in the second half of the firefight when the T34's arrive or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HexDude wrote:
I was thinking of trying that myself as having player FF4 solo I think it's a tough one for the Germans.

Although you can still hurt other thanks with the standard AtB PzIV counter by getting into short or close range combat.

In general I think as long as you're willing to play a FF twice with both players getting chance to use the upgraded PzIV things should be OK.

Standard PzIV in CC is red 5FP+4/2 = 4. Upgraded is pure 5+4=9.
Short distance 4 and 8 respectively. I find the difference huge. I wonder how Germans would do in Bunker FF, where they had 3 and now would have 4 tanks with anti-tank capabilities (and PzIV is well-armoured).

Of course, given both players play as Germans, difference is balanced inter-games. Thank you both for this thought - somehow not came to my mind earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Redshaw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bunker is a great scenario. It would be good to see SoS PzIV in there if you're playing the German side. You'd maybe need to balance this with another tank or two on the Russian side though. Or maybe some teller mines

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.