Farmington
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I figure I have two choices:

1.) Buy the printed version

or

2.) Buy the PDF version and have it printed at Office Max/Depot etc.

I would like to have a good looking copy that I can mount in a binder. Which is my best option?

Thanks.zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
I've seen the printed version at my FLGS, it is a pretty standard coil bound job, decent stock for the covers. I suppose you could take the pages out and put them in a binder using plastic page protectors, which is what I do with my pdf versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John VanDenBerg
United States
Farmington
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. PDF/OD-M is probably the way to go. That way I can bind it the way I want, and I can include Haven and other scenarios in the same binder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
You saw an older version. Current ones are perfect bound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Trouten
United States
Davison
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JTQuest wrote:
So I figure I have two choices:

1.) Buy the printed version

or

2.) Buy the PDF version and have it printed at Office Max/Depot etc.

I would like to have a good looking copy that I can mount in a binder. Which is my best option?

Thanks.zombie

I will warn you right now, you may not be able to get it printed at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc... due to it having a copyright notice on almost every page. My local Staples, Office Max and Office Depot told me they couldnt print it off and bind it for me because of the copyright. In order for me to be able to I would need written permission from the Publisher (Two Hour Wargames). It was just easier for me to buy a cheap $30 printer at WalMart, a ream of paper, and print both ATZ BDTZ and Haven off myself two pagers per sheet of paper, liek they would have done at the Office Supply store, use a three hole punch and put them into one of those paper folders you used to use in school for reports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boykin
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
JMacCaull wrote:
According to the Staples here in town, printing this was no problem. The staff told me the only time copyright issues come up is when someone tries to make copies of professional photographers' work.

I printed mine on my own, because I was too impatient to wait for a shipped version, but out of curiosity asked the people in the print section at Staples. I even went as far as showing them exactly what I was talking about on my droid's screen and they said that printing it would be no problem.

The reason I went to Staples was to check cardstock terrain printing prices. Afterwards, I must suggest buying a printer if you plan on playing this game with World Works Games terrain. It would have cost me hundreds of dollars to have Staples print the terrain I wanted on cardstock or label.

I didn't ask if they'd stick it on the foam core and glue it all together, though...

I'd consider paying them for it if they would.

Go to Walmart for cardstock. I was at Staples today and they had it for $15, looked at it and walked out. Went down the road to walmart and got it for $5. Way better deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.