Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmb
Played Air Force for the first time this past weekend. It was quite enjoyable. I think the game has got a lot of great elements, but the old Avalon Hill CHarts and Tables scare off some newer players.

I am going to try to automate the charts and tables via an MS Excel Workbook with automate VLOOKUP tables. Anyone else do this before I start down this path?

If not, is there interest in this tool when built?

Thanks,
Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmb
aaxiom wrote:
Well, judging from the contents of the file section, I would say that you would be making a useful contribution to a game you love. I'd do it if the project would give you pleasure. I'm certain that there would be fans of the game that would thank you for doing so.

Give it a whirl... you never know what may result from the effort!

Thanks Phil. I will try my hand at this.

I was more curious to see if it has already been done. There are lots of tools in the wild that never make there way to BGG. If I successfully build this, I will certainly upload it.

Stay tuned as I test my knowledge of MS Excel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did it go with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Slotracer wrote:
How did it go with this?

I tried a number of times to meet with the fellow who owned and knew the game, but his life took a turn for the busy with a new job. Sadly, I gave up trying to get together. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.