* Ticket to ride
* Age of Discovery
* Dominion
* Rail from the Martin Wallace
* Mr jack
* Puerto Rico
* Le Havre
* Through the Ages
Even so had the experience to Puerto Rico. It is interesting but no doubt that with more players and much better. I got several answers but no one spoke of Trought ....

For the game Thought the Ages ... well ... it's the best there is. Frankly for me they had spent the last 4 days when playing. Even so had experience of playing the 2 (and is very good in version 2 players) but I think the 3 should be fantastic. With 4 players and able to get the 22h and end it for 5 o'clock in the morning ...

Everything must be well planned and chosen from the beginning of the game. At 3.4 turn already have the consequences of our previous choices. There is luck factor? There is but relatively easy to get canceled.

The variables are many, if not we have a line, a direction (politics could be called) will make our civilization difficult to govern and evolve so much less than our opponents (as in the real world).

I advise that this game for 2 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely better with 3 and 4, as you suspect. But I agree, it much better than most other games with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Agius
United Kingdom
Brentford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 2 player plays brilliantly and is second only to 3 player.

4 player is still great but the downtime can be too high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lux
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The BEST two-player game of all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Ford
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best things about this game for me is how awesome it is at 2-3-4 players. There's no sweet spot from a game mechanics perspective, it scales perfectly.

Now 4 players often has AP issues for players and you can end up waiting 15 minutes for a turn (especially as the game is closing and people are squeezing out every drop of culture they can) but the game itself still works brilliantly. The pacing and structure still give me all the options I want to build my civ, there's no "well you really can't do X strategy in 4 player because the game goes too fast", or other stuff like that.

Obviously there are different strats and some cards are better/worse for different numbers of people but I don't think any strat is completely nerfed when you have a different player count; you just have to modify it to stay competitive.

My friends and I love Chaos in the Old World too but we ONLY play it with 4. I am sure that it would work with 3 but the game is so balanced around having all 4 Chaos gods fighting for position that we think it would really lose out if we weren't playing with 4. Not so in TTA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that this game is best played rather than waiting for a perfect play. I like the three player game myself, but I can see how a 4 player game with 4 players that know the game being faster and more challenging

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.