Tony Lam
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, Godfellas, I have a questions when playing Nostra City

1) During the cash-in action, if the bank run out of bill, do we reshuffle all the discarded bills including the police raid or we just can't receive any bill and receive the Vendetta card?

2) In general, a unsuccessful auction mean that a player is being cheated. However, does the player still consider being cheated if he has a unsucessful auction but gained a title in the MEETING phase?

I have this question because the rulebook seems to say no about this special case. On the rule book P.19, there is a rule regarding the Player Cheated during the Meeting, it said "During the MEETING, a player who gets a Title card (Underboss, Consiglieri, Primo Capo), Investigation, Alantic City or any other Street card won through the use of a Wiseguy's power is not considered to have been Cheated.

3) Does the player get a vandetta card for each unsucessful auction he has during the MEETING?

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Verhaevert
Belgium
Merchtem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On 1 We always reshuffle the discard pile of bills police raid included.

on 2 As to the rules you pointed out a player who gets a Title card is not considered Cheated during the Meeting phase

on 3 imho he only gets a vedetta card if he is unsuccesfull in the meeting phase. if f.i. he bids on 3 spaces and gets 1 he isn't considered cheated.
If he bets on 2 and doens't get a card on the auction, then he is considered cheated but only gets 1 Vendetta card.
At least that is how we play it.

Perhaps kagliostro can point you out on these questions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kan D
France
Troyes
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Ben except for the first question:

tonylhf wrote:
Hi, Godfellas, I have a questions when playing Nostra City

1) During the cash-in action, if the bank run out of bill, do we reshuffle all the discarded bills including the police raid or we just can't receive any bill and receive the Vendetta card?


The bank is not supposed to run out of bills, because you must reshuffle the discarded bills just after the police raid card comes out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rakoto
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
tonylhf wrote:


1) During the cash-in action, if the bank run out of bill, do we reshuffle all the discarded bills including the police raid or we just can't receive any bill and receive the Vendetta card?

The bank can only run out of bill with a Police Raid cash: You have to reshuffle the police Raid card + All discarded bills + All remaining bills (if they are remaining bills) all together. But the Gangster who pulled the police raid can not draw another bill.

tonylhf wrote:

2) In general, a unsuccessful auction mean that a player is being cheated. However, does the player still consider being cheated if he has a unsucessful auction but gained a title in the MEETING phase?

I have this question because the rulebook seems to say no about this special case. On the rule book P.19, there is a rule regarding the Player Cheated during the Meeting, it said "During the MEETING, a player who gets a Title card (Underboss, Consiglieri, Primo Capo), Investigation, Alantic City or any other Street card won through the use of a Wiseguy's power is not considered to have been Cheated.


If you gain a Title, you're not considered cheated, therefore you can't draw a Vendetta Card.

tonylhf wrote:

3) Does the player get a vandetta card for each unsucessful auction he has during the MEETING?

No. Only one Vendetta card can be gained this way (unless you have a Gangster who boost this, ie: Gain on more Vendetta card if you're cheated


[/q]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Lam
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you David for your clarification.

I like the game so much. Hoping to see an expansion for this game in the near future
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.