Ole
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I know this may be a really Noob-question, but I have to ask it:

What is the good thing in winning the arcane struggle, and be allowed to "ready" an exhausted character committed to a story ?
Don't you count skill-points from exhausted characters in the end of the "story-battle" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Vonox wrote:
Hi

What is the good thing in winning the arcane struggle, and be allowed to "ready" an exhausted character committed to a story ?
Don't you count skill-points from exhausted characters in the end of the "story-battle" ?

It frees that character up to be committed during your opponent's turn. Otherwise, all the units that you had committed are essentially used up until your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- so winning the arcane struggle is only kind of a "strategic-value" for the active player for his next passive turn ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Vonox wrote:
- so winning the arcane struggle is only kind of a "strategic-value" for the active player for his next passive turn ?

Yep, unless the character has an ability that needs to exhaust to use. Or you have a card that needs to exhaust a character, stuff like that.

The passive player would be refreshing the characters soon, so it only benefits them if they have an ability that needs an unexhausted character to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Boosel
United States
New Wilmington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Vonox wrote:
Hi

No, you do not count the skill of all exhausted characters. You count the skill of all characters committed to that story whether exhausted or readied. Therefore, if you have 3 characters committed to a story, and win the Arcane struggle to untap one, that untapped character is still committed to that story and will count his skill during the skill struggle.

The benefit lies in the fact that, when you ready your exhausted character from the Arcane struggle, you are able to defend with him on the next turn (the opponents turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Unless you have to exhaust the card to use the ability, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Thrashbarg

London
msg tools
mbmb
I don't know how much you've played (for all i know you may be more experienced than me) but winning the arcane struggle seems to me to be a huge advantage. It means you can actually contest stories on your opponent's turn, or prevent him from contesting yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.