8 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Rules

Subject: board game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
carlos varela
Panama
flag msg tools
the rules of tigris & euphrates said if the active player places a tile in such a way that he creates a square of four like colored tiles he may turn the four tiles down y place a monument on top of them but the rules said to if the tile is placed in a kingdon and this kingdom contains a leader of the respective color then the victory point is awarded to the player possessing that leader if is no leader of the respective color but there is a king(black leader) in the kingdom then victory point is awarded to the player possesing the king the question is if the active player places a tile y that tile creates a square of four like colored tiles if he (the player places the tile) recive a victory point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
All your posts have been moved to an appropriate forum but you are aware of that, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to T&E Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say there are 3 green tiles connected so that a 4th tile would make a square. On your turn you place that 4th green tile. If there is a green leader in the kingdom, the player that owns that leader would get 1 green cube. If there was no green leader, then the black leader would recieve the cube. If there is no green or black leader, then no green cube is awarded. After the green cube is awarded for the placement of the tile, the active player may choose to build a green monument on those 4 tiles (or not build one). Let's say you build the green and red monument. If you had a green or red leader in that kingdom, you would receive a green and/or red cube for the monument.

Hopefully that answers your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
civ41761 wrote:
the rules of tigris & euphrates said if the active player places a tile in such a way that he creates a square of four like colored tiles he may turn the four tiles down y place a monument on top of them but the rules said to if the tile is placed in a kingdon and this kingdom contains a leader of the respective color then the victory point is awarded to the player possessing that leader if is no leader of the respective color but there is a king(black leader) in the kingdom then victory point is awarded to the player possesing the king the question is if the active player places a tile y that tile creates a square of four like colored tiles if he (the player places the tile) recive a victory point

This is answered here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/281515/score-for-tile-co...

(Name is misleading but that question is asked).

You do get the tile placement point when erecting a monument (unless it's also a kingdom joining tile).

For example if you place a red tile so that you have a 2x2 red section of tiles and your red leader (or black if there is no red leader) is in this kingdom, you would get a red point, then you would construct a monument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to answer your question. Your lack of punctuation makes it harder to understand your problem. I also read "y" as "and", assuming it was Spanish.

A victory point cube is given to the player owning a leader matching the tile placed in a kingdom. If there is no leader that matches the color, but a King (black leader) is present, then the player who owns the King gets the cube. It doesn't matter if this tile creates a Monument or not.

The only times a cube is NOT collected for placement is:

1. The tile is not placed in a kingdom.
2. There is neither a matching leader nor a King in the kingdom.
3. The tile creates an external conflict. Place the "Hand Shake" tile on it.

This is different from how you gain a cube via Monument. The King can only claim a black cube from a black Monument and doesn't collect any "unclaimed" colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:

3. The tile creates an external conflict. Place the "Hand Shake" tile on it.

I believe that a point is not awarded anytime a tile joins two kingdoms, even if there is no external conflict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kelsin wrote:

I believe that a point is not awarded anytime a tile joins two kingdoms, even if there is no external conflict.

That is also my understanding of the rules.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.