Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Bredin
United States
Holt
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I've only played the game twice, but I would like to clarify a few things.

First, when doing revolts.. does your stronghold count as a noble? And if not.. what happens when a stronghold revolts?

This leads me to the question of if it IS a noble.. then why would you not pick a really expensive city to start in.. as it has more defense and income. (I play it is a noble right now, as it seemed like it your main guy)

The third question would then be.. if its NOT a noble.. but you put your stronghold in a city.. does it count as a city you own for influence / income?

Also, with fighting.. do strongholds work like the nobles? would you draw 4 more cards but only keep the number of armies you have?

I guess I'm just generally confused as to how the strongholds work all around. Luckily I haven't run into a lot of stronghold stuff in just learning how to play.. but the way I play now.. it seems VERY beneficial to just take the most expensive city so when you get income.. its so much more than most cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This should answer a lot of your questions - you can't put your stronghold in a city.

A Stronghold is placed in an empty space at setup - including a space where a city was razed (when reducing cities for a less than 6-player games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bredin
United States
Holt
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ohhhhhhhhh I see it in the rules now.. I just misunderstood. So my question about how strongholds fight is still valid though. Do they just draw 4 extra cards.. but don't get to keep them? Like Barons? or do they just get 4 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A stronghold has 400 troops, so it draws four cards for a battle, without discarding any.

If I attack your Stronghold and it has no noble or extra troops, you just draw 4 cards for battle.

If I attack your noble who is on your stronghold, the +400 count among his troops like they would in a city. So if you have a Noble (+2 cards but must discard 2), 200 troops (+2 cards) and your Stronghold (+4 cards), you would draw 8 and then discard down to 6 for that Battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bredin
United States
Holt
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see.. alright makes sense now. Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.