Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to have a little check box to indicate that I played the game (or possibly that I did *not* play the game) when recording a play. I'm never going to take the time to add myself as a player, but I could probably bring myself to click on a box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you record a play that you did not play under "Board Game Plays"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoots wrote:
It would be nice to have a little check box to indicate that I played the game (or possibly that I did *not* play the game) when recording a play. I'm never going to take the time to add myself as a player, but I could probably bring myself to click on a box.

What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he's recording plays as each time the physical game itself in his collection gets played? Joel, most of us are using plays to log the games WE have played. I have plays for many games I don't own in the last few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the OP is talking about is the annoying fact that when you record a play, the default is for that play to show up with the ZERO players playing it. If I click add a player at the bottom of the "record a play" window, then that play will show 1 player and so forth.

I agree with the OP. The "record a play" feature should automatically include yourself as a player in that game. It should probably have a checkbox for if you didn't participate, but the default should have yourself included in the recorded players for that play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, exactly. At least I now know I'm not alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat costa
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Yup.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoots wrote:

Would you click on a button instead? There is a user-made script for BGG that will put a button into the Record-A-Play window for each player you want, including yourself.

You can see how to install it here: Log Plays Faster with SPLU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.