• [+] Dice rolls
Steven Yackel
United States
Vadnais Heights
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, four of them. They are based on the Naga, Skeleton, Razorwing, and Hellhound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still base game mini's, right? I wonder when they'll create expansion based Avatars...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Still base game mini's, right? I wonder when they'll create expansion based Avatars...

Only after they change their philosophy about expansions that require more than just the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gross
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son was hoping for a Lich avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:
shnar wrote:

Only after they change their philosophy about expansions that require more than just the base game.

That's not true. There are some aspects of RtL that use the other expansions, they just list that expansion's icon next to it and state to exclude that card if that expansion hasn't been purchased (at least, I thought that was the case. I'm kinda tired atm and too lazy to actually go look )

So they could make Avatars that use expansion minis and just mark it as a WoD or ToI Avatar...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsgross wrote:
My son was hoping for a Lich avatar.

He should take a look at the Sorcerer King. One of his upgrades is the Phylactery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find the answer elsewhere, but can the Avatars from SoB (heh...cute acronym, huh?) be easily used for RtL, or are the specific to the SoB?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belirahc wrote:
I can't seem to find the answer elsewhere, but can the Avatars from SoB (heh...cute acronym, huh?) be easily used for RtL, or are the specific to the SoB?

No. They have numerous specifications that simply don't import

Keep locations would be easy enough to change, though require some thought for balancing, but their special abilities don't all translate and some of their 'unique' upgrades may be totally incompatible.

Captain Bones in particular has, for example, his final battle as a sea encounter IIRC...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Honn
msg tools
The Master of the Hunt and The Mistress of Serpents should work in RtL, if you changed their Keep and their LT a bit. Bones and the Count would be kind of pointless since their abilities deal with ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.