J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were getting ready to start a 7 player game of BSG with 2 new players. However 2 of our veteran players were going to be about an hour so we decided to do a runthrough to help teach to new players.

Play Order
Baltar – Jeremy
Chief – Rob
Cavil – Myself
Apollo – Jeryson (newbie)
Helo – Travis (newbie)

We start playing and explaing as we go along. Baltar moves to Colonial One and draws two quorum cards. The lone basestar attacks and blows up the hanger bay.

Chief report to sickbay.

Chief draws one card (no repair) moves to Pegasus and manages to pull The Guardians.
Since we aren’t playing a pull game I decided there is no time like the present to use my OPG. I hit 3 our of the 4 shots and

Chief report back to sickbay.

Apollo goes after some raiders and Helo just gets a crisis. Baltar doesn’t draw an XO and Chief is stuck in sickbay to draw one card.

Chief moves out and still doesn’t have a repair card and moves back to Pegasus. On my turn I send Pegasus to her grave,

Chief report to sickbay.

Apollo does some more protecting and Helo sends an XO to Chief to jump the fleet. The crisis if failed sends all characters in FTL to sickbay and they fail.

Chief report to sickbay.

Baltar has an XO this time and gets Chief out of sickbay. He draws a full 5 cards and he repairs the hagar deck. I infiltrate right as our other two members show up.

Poor Chief…

At this point Rob vows to never play Chief again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Why did you only get four shots? With two Basestars out, Cavil's OPG should give you six shots.

Also, poor Tyrol. XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
Why did you only get four shots? With two Basestars out, Cavil's OPG should give you six shots.

Also, poor Tyrol. XD

Umm I get two actions right?

Activate Basestars each Basestar attacks once.

Repeat.

Total of 4 right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beck
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Felix alearum famis! Et posse impares sumus erimus en tui semper favoris.
badge
Proprietor of The Bored Gaymer, BGG's most popular blog with the words "Bored" and "Gaymer" in the title!
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
salty53 wrote:

Also, poor Tyrol. XD

Umm I get two actions right?

Activate Basestars each Basestar attacks once.

Repeat.

Total of 4 right?

Nope, Cavil's OPG is a "Movement" ability, which substitutes for your movement phase rather than your action. So, you get two actions (rather than a movement), and then you get your normal action phase. Hence, 3 activations in a row (times 2 for 2 basestars) = 6 shots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Which means that, by the time Chief went back to the Pegasus, it really had already been destroyed. Which means Chief stepped out into empty space. Which, naturally, would have been bad enough for his health to send him to Sickbay...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.