Subject: More kudos for Boards&Bits. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I admit some bias in this matter (my "Boards & Bits fan" microbadge might be construed by some as a dead giveaway) I'd like to specifically commend Tom & crew on the occasion of receipt of my most recent order.

Everything arrived completely undamaged.

Now, one might say, "That's just what I expect." And, indeed, I do.

But in this instance I'd ordered several obscure & eccentric things from a couple other vendors over the past month and was reminded how much care and attention can be lavished (or not) on the shipping process.

One competing big-name vendor sent a couple games packed against the cardboard walls of the shipping cardboard with a skiff of packing peanuts between the boxes. In addition to not being quite packed tightly enough that the boxes didn't shift in transit, they were also subject to crushing and perforation as the outer box was handled roughly. Sure enough, the game boxes were a bit worse for wear when I received the parcel. Another competitor protects the games with chunks of crumpled newspaper. That might survive a few hours of transport, but doesn't do so well when sent across the country.

In contrast, each game in my Boards & Bits order was protected from both its neighbours and the walls of the box by some packing peanuts. The box is sufficiently tightly packed that it doesn't settle during shipping. Everything arrives in perfect shape.

So: feel free to shop on price, if that's what floats your boat. I did that at one point, years ago. But after (variously) receiving packages that were missing games I'd paid for, or receiving poorly-wrapped games that had been damaged (I presume) in transit, I'm now buying where I receive what I pay for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to OLGS Geeklist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/listitem/983938?commentid=1426997#c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be able to contact those other non B&B vendors and get at least a small refund since you really ended up with a light box damage copy.

BTW, I second your kudos for Boards & Bits. They've treated me and our game group extremely well. Adding games, subtracting games (on orders not yet shipped of course), shipping securely, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Vawter
United States
Walled Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reminder of just how good this store is. I placed my order for Runewars today with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started buying a monthly $25 certificate from them as my game-buying-budget savings plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
I've started buying a monthly $25 certificate from them as my game-buying-budget savings plan.

Use one of those cash back credit cards and get another couple percent return on your investment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Boards and Bits microbadge...what a loser ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badfish20 wrote:
Boards and Bits microbadge...what a loser ninja

I like your Antiquity badge, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:

What an awesome idea! Exactly what I'll start doing next month. This just may save my marriage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.