Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan F. Santana Miralles
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all.

I´m about to beguin my second campaign game, and I´m wondering which variants, if any, are commonly used by players.

At first sight I feel like using the SS Replenishment, Industrial Evacuation, Artillery, Russian Air Power, National Restrictions, Historical Naval Restrictions and Weather Balance variants, but wanted to know an opinion from more experienced players.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I'm not sure I'm a very "experienced" player, but here are my thoughts on the optional rules:

26.1 SS replenishment: I almost always play with this one, its very useful for the Germans. However, when playing with this variant, you should also use something to help the Russians (such as the Russian Air Power).

26.2 Industrial Evacuation: I use this one almost always as well. It forces the Germans to try and take out as many factories as possible in the south.

26.3 Historical Weather: I have never used this one. I might try it if I want to simulate the historical campaign.

26.4 Battlegroups: Probably one of my favorite variants. I recommend using this. It probably helps the Germans more than the Russians.

26.5 Off-board Encirclements: I haven't tried this one.

26.6 Artillery: I use this one quite often, I think it makes the game a lot more interesting.

26.7 Russian Airpower: I always use this one, it really helps the Russians to break through in 1944. Otherwise they rarely get to Berlin (at least in my games).

26.8 National Restrictions: I like this one, I think it makes the game more realistic.

26.9 Historical Naval Restrictions: This makes invasions more realistic, but I rarely use it. I prefer the invasion rules as they are originally.

26.94 Increased Sea Invasion Capability: Haven't tried this one, might be interesting.

26.10 Bidding for Sides: I've only played solitaire, so I haven't used this one.

26.11 Weather Balancing: Haven't used this one. I'm going to try it in the game I'm just about to start!

I hope this helps. If you want more variants, I recommend getting the Southern Expansion Kit. It adds fortifications, Volkssturm units, German paratroops, the DAK being sent to the East, etc. The extension map is nice as well.

Enjoy your game!

Jaakko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F. Santana Miralles
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your answer.

I´ll try those variants, but it seems they tend to favor the german, hopefully it won´t unballance the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WARNER AIREY
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use all of the optional rules. Except for Historical Weather. Main Rulebook that is.
As for the Southern Expansion - I still can't decide... no 'standard' list of optional rules when using the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.