DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I know that most of you all have collections that would dwarf mine, but has a clear advantage: it tips over much faster than yours!

The story: Among my non-boardgamegeek pursuits, I'm an amateur photographer. I'm in the middle of a "project 365", meaning tha I take (and post) a photo every day. The point is to branch out, try new things, and generally grow as a photographer.

Because taking a genuinely different photo every single day can be a bit challenging, I'm getting inspiration by doing an alphabet series. Today was G, and it stood for Games: lots of them! That's where this photo came from. This is about 90% of my collection, with a few re-boxed or loaned-out games missing. Ready? Set? TIMBERRRRRR!

For any other photo-geeks out there, you might notice that this is actually an outtake -- handheld in poor light, high ISO, bottom is muddy, focus and depth of field are lacking a bit. But it had a "look" that the better shots just lacked, so I went with this one instead! (I post my 365 photos on my flickr stream.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it!

Another example of "perfect lighting and focus doesn't equal a perfect picture". The slight blur and darkness as we go down the stack really makes it look more real and also tells my eye what to look at, which is a concern in a picture with this many elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Love it!

Another example of "perfect lighting and focus doesn't equal a perfect picture". The slight blur and darkness as we go down the stack really makes it look more real and also tells my eye what to look at, which is a concern in a picture with this many elements.

Thanks! I agree, the idea is more important than the technical details. I would have liked more darkening and less "muddying" at the bottom, but in the end the effect is pretty similar. Also, this was achieved with extremely ghetto lighting, but the editing tends to hide that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve mizuno
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you INSANE, MAN? You have what looks like a pristine copy of DUNE precariously perched on top of those titles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
soltan gris wrote:
Are you INSANE, MAN? You have what looks like a pristine copy of DUNE precariously perched on top of those titles?

It's true... thanks to my awesome 2009 Secret Santa, in fact!

(Don't worry, it came out unharmed!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.