SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,
I have a question I haven't seen answered yet. Here it is:

Regarding the Blue Taoist power 'Heavenly Gust'
Can the Blue taoist player request help from ANY village tile and still battle or must he request the help from his CURRENT tile and battle?

The first case seems too strong of a power, it's like having a free Ying-Yang token all the time.
On the other hand, when the rulebook describes his other power, Second Wind, it specifically mentions that the help requested must be from the current tile - and this wording is not present on the description of "Heavenly Gust'.

So, what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It lets you use the tile you are on, but I have no idea off hand where in the rules it tells you that, or even if the rules actually do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definatly the tile you are on after your (optional) move. And remeber that you can decide if you want to activate or exorcise first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
StormKnight wrote:
I have no idea off hand where in the rules it tells you that, or even if the rules actually do.

In the chapter where the powers of the monks are explained (it's towards the end of the rulebook).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Goulart
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Allright, thanks a lot all of you!
I was playing correctly then, just because I assumed that receiving help from any tiles would have been too strong. I still didn't find a clear answer in the rulebook, but this solves my problem.
Once again, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heavenly Gust says
Quote:
He may request villager's help AND attempt an exorcism in the same turn, in any order.
(doesn't say "request A villager's help" or "request ANY villager's help") Now remember that requesting villager's help is a game term, not a description of what you can do. And to find out what it means, it says under 2.a) Request help from a villager:
Quote:
On the tile where it stands, the Taoist may request help from the corresponding villager.
Don't think you're gonna find it any clearer than that. The rules aren't all that concise, and could have been more consistent when using game terms. For instance "request help from a villager", "request villager's help" and "support action" all refer to the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.