Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game my group had an interesting event occur.

Late in the game everyone was rushing huge fleets to MR or defending it with a huge fleet (4 out of 5 players required MR in some way) and two players had huge fleets sitting on the 3 wormholes in between them and MR.

I had the Political strategy card and chose for the next round a card (forget the name) that requires a random dice roll and on 1-3 all fleets in systems with wormholes are destroyed (good things happen as well, but I don't remeber what they are).

Unfortunately one of the players moved most of his fleet out of the system and attacked MR (and won) before the political strategy card could be played, but when it did and the agenda came out, there was a lot of pre-vote bargaining going on.devil

The vote ended up requiring the dice roll and it rolled a 3! In an instant 2 huge fleets along with a 2 smaller fleets were obliterated.
My long shot plan had worked!

Unfortunately it didn't help me in the long run as my fleet was annihilated when I attacked and I didn’t get my SO, but that’s life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's quite a powerful card in the right situation. Sounds like you had the right situation! Nobody in my group has used that card yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.