Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve recently bought a copy of TWGWWII second hand and wanted to find out if it was a complete game or not.

I’ve been unlucky so far in finding a contents list and so I’ve put together a list and put it in the files.

My reasoning for the numbers of models is from the sprue pics in the WWII gallery and the numbers of models I currently have.

Sprue A - 7 troops, 3 elite troops, 1 leader, 2 arty, 1 arty elite, 1 minor factory, 1 destroyer

Sprue B - 2 tanks, 1 bomber, 1 fighter A, 1 fighter B, 1 Sub, 1 Large Factory

Sprue C - 1 carrier, 1 battleship, 2 destroyers, 2 transports, 1 sub

Sprue D - 1 sub, 1 tank elite, 1 jet

So, as an example if I have 21 UK Troops, then there must be 3 lots of Sprue A and so I should have 9 Elite Troops etc.

Jeff said that there were 511 models per game, but I count 513 so I have the feeling I’ve made a mistake somewhere.shake

If you see any mistakes (like the numbers of command counters), let me know and I’ll update the file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Schubert
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I suspect that no matter what comes originally, you will run out of units when you play; as we have.
I added sets from Xeno games which makes Axis and Allies clone sets and Table Tactics which makes some cool add on units.
The French will certainly run out, as no transport is included in the set, and once you build a minor factory, especially in the pacific, you will want a French Transport.
I got some Airfix 1/72nd infantry, as they are molded in gray, and used some large infantry from my Eagle Games Attack! game to use as dedicated paratroopers.
If you use the optional units as listed in the OOB rules, you will absolutely not have enough parts. But the game is great in its custom-ability and so lends itself well to add ons.
If still available, check Hasbro.com for extra Axis and Allies sets of mini poker chips. They help too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Gamehappy
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey Guys

Okay Just the biggest A&A game ever ... just for the record,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123lawrence/sets/72157623831802...

But I also purchased a used copy of the game and Damo I can't figure why you used the word "Sprue” There should be eight colors in your set.

I Have

2 Rulebooks
2 Battle boards
National set up charts for each nation
Dice Chips
Game board

Color Black Green lt Grey Red Blue Beige Brown Yellow
Unit Germany USA Italy China France Britian Russia Japan
Tank 12 16 4 4 - 12 8 12
Heavy Tank 4 2 - - - 2 - 2
Major Factory 6 8 2 2 2 6 4 6
Minor Factory 8 6 2 2 - 6 4 6
Carriers 4 6 2 - - 6 2 6
B-Ship 4 6 3 - - 6 2 6
Transport 7 12 4 - - 12 4 12
Subs 14 16 4 2 - 14 6 11
Destroyer 16 18 6 2 2 18 8 18
Bomber 6 8 2 - - 6 4 6
Fighter 12 16 4 - - 12 8 12
Jet 4 ? - - - 2 - 2
Generals 9 6 2 2 1 6 4 6
Infantry 25 43 14 13 15 43 21 42
Elite infantry 21 20 6 6 6 18 12 17
AA Guns 8 6 22 2 2 6 4 6
Artillery
16 12 4 3 4 12 8 12
kk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malstrom wrote:

But I also purchased a used copy of the game and Damo I can't figure why you used the word "Sprue" There should be eight colors in your set.

I was trying to work out how many of each figure there should be. Emailing the designer/maufacturer didn't help as they couldn't give me a number... Anyway, I calculated what I "should" have by what I could see was on a sprue.

Basically, my best guess.

malstrom wrote:
I Have

..quite a few more then I got in my copy, you lucky person you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Command Counters are really Control Counters. These jobbies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.