Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Holding
Australia
Berkeley
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all . I'm new to FoF, and I'm wondering how people are handling bunkers / pillboxes. I understand that units in them can only fire along the bunker's fixed PDF, but what about combat against units on the same card? Just handle it as though they were firing along their fixed PDF? What about if you've approached the bunker's card from directly opposite it's PDF? I'm happy to house-rule this, but am interested to know the official mechanic. Thanks in advance for any response .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing it as though the units in the bunker can't see units on their own card, and can still be fired upon at point blank range.

I would love to know what the offical ruling is also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I thought that this CSW post addressed it...

Ben Hull - Jun 6, 2009 12:29 am (#2740 Total: 3863)

Quote:
The rules say enemy units in pillboxes generate VOF in only one direction. If friendly units are in the same card, does the enemy unit in pillbox generate VOF ?

Yes

Can friendly units attempt grenade attacks against enemy in pillboxes ?

Yes

If so, can enemy in pillboxes throw back grenades ?

Yes - A pillbox will have supporting positions around it

Tho I suppose "...does the enemy unit in pillbox generate VOF ?" could be interpreted to mean the pillbox keeps shooting outside the card. gulp But I'm thinking the simpler interpretation is probably correct: the pillbox puts VOF on its own card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Holding
Australia
Berkeley
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses guys thumbsup . Zhredder, thanks for pointing out that post; when I searched consimworld I looked for posts on bunkers, as that was what I was facing - didn't think to look for pillboxes blush . Ben's answer makes sense, as units normally shift fire to their own card if enemy units enter it. FoF seems to be one of those games where the answer is usually right there in the rulebook in plain English, I just unnecessarily complicate things for myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.