Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Roper
United States
San Tan Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone heard any news about Games Workshop working on a possible expansion or scenario book for Space Hulk? Even with all the problems and backlash with the S&D, SH is still a damn good game and I would like to see a few expansions and at least a Scenario booklet. So please make my day and tell me something is in development! Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
They're not making anything more for it. Space Hulk 3rd ed. was just a one-shot product. If you want expansions, get Space Hulk 1st ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heac0ck
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a wealth of information and scenarios online, you might start here:

http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/mirrors/shc/

Another option would be the purchase of another SH3rd set to build larger maps and such. I suppose in a way I am lucky, the lack of steadily available opponents means it will be awhile before I exhaust the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They put out the mission generator add on and thats pretty much it. GW stated several times that this was a one shot deal. No expansions, etc. I assume there was sime support in White Dwarf for a few months. But I havent heard any mention so even that might not be.

If you want new stuff. As others have pointed out. Theres still many good sites out there with fan made material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pst: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/449038/crux-terminatus-proje...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roper
United States
San Tan Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn thats a bummer, i had the first edition and missed out on all the expansions. Thanks all for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
United States
Overland Park
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They really could make money on an expansion to add some of the things from the first edition expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Budrou784 wrote:
They really could make money on an expansion to add some of the things from the first edition expansions.

They need to show how releasing an expansion would grow the business as a whole. Selling a product only to a narrow segment of the market who already bought the game is not going to make as much money for them as a whole new game, which could potentially act as a gateway product for new gamers to buy their core products (WHFB & 40K) and in the end, that's the GW business model. I'm no fan of it, as I don't care for either of those games, but unfortunately that's just the way of things. They aren't the only publicly listed company to have a myopic view of their industry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.