Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Walsh
United States
Batavia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im in the middle of my first game, and have a silly question. Lets just take two simple actions into consideration for this question, moving and firing...If a soldier has 2 turns in a round, does movement up to his MPA and/or a free stance change count as one of the turns, leaving one remaining for firing?

Can I use the combined move/snap fire as the first turn, then fire on my second?

In other words, are each of the individual actions available (firing, moving, etc) considered a single turn?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, one soldier can to one action per turn, plus a free stance change (unless wounded etc). A move+fire or move+assault action is still just one action though.

So if a soldier has two turns it will get to do two actions, and those are completely independent (meaning you can move in both, or fire in both, or move+assault in one and fire in the other... or any other imaginable combination). Also note that you can use commanders to give a soldier a new turn (if it is in the 1 Turn or Completed row), so with two commanders and maximum luck (and careful positioning of units) you can in theory have a unit take 6 actions (do 6 turns) in one round. "Oh, look, I have a soldier on the 2 Turns row, AGAIN, lucky me!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walsh
United States
Batavia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the response, it makes perfect sense. Off to finish the game now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.