Subject: Shield Intervention rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Teng
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I've looked for several times with my friends about this card. It seems that its very game breaking, as the lead player can basically do his troubleshooting without dealing with the nemesis when he's got this card...

Does this card really shut down ALL action that the nemesis player can do? I'm not too happy about this card, it makes the last fight very anti-climatic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It stops the Mastermind from Scheming and/or (since you can do both if you choose to barring SI) going for his Master Plan, yes.

But you still have to get the card for one (2 or 3 in the deck I think) and often I notice that when you do get SI, you're going for a 5+ Threat Headline (high-VP ones that you probably wouldn't if Mastermind could interfere), so even without Scheming, the Trouble result might be high 6-7+, you can easily end up against a 3-KO Villain and still lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. It's great, but not a game-breaker.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Teng
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Even though it is a 6 or 5 cost mastermind headline, dealing with it without a master plan is much much better, you can even have 2 ready heroes as a back up and its pretty much game.

For a team like FF, you can easily scoop 3 cards a turn with mr. F, you just need to fish out 1 of the 2 in the deck.

I feel the card is game breaking, because almost all our wins is caused by that card. Well the card is what it is.

Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

My question about Shield Intervention, even without Scheming and Master Plan, is there still a combat between the heroes and the arch nemesis?

dwarf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwarf wrote:
Hello.

My question about Shield Intervention, even without Scheming and Master Plan, is there still a combat between the heroes and the arch nemesis?

dwarf

Mastermind Challenge can only take place when the Nemesis is going for his Master Plan. So no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.