Subject: Boardsize rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter van der Helm
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own no DOW boardgame, so I'm wondering what the boardsize of their games is.
Seems to me the gameboard of Mystery Express is about 3 times the box size.
Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TTR has a board that 3x2 times the box size (or is it slightly smaller?) which is regular Kosmos big box size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
EAST OLYMPIA
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own most of the DOW line and they vary.
As someone stated Ticket to Ride is usually 2 Wide x 3 long board, the same goes for Memoir '44 and Colosseum; Mystery of the Abbey and Pirate's Cove are 2x2 fold outs; Shadows Over Camelot is a 2 x 2 fold out with additional boarder pieces; Smallworld has two boards depending on the number of players - one is 2x2 and the other is a 1 x 1 fold out.

If the deduction cards are of similar size to those in Mystery of the Abbey, then it will probably be a 2 x 3 fold out. However, looking at the pictures on the DOW WEB site it looks like a 1 x 1 in proportion to the box.

Regardless of the size, I am sure it will be excellent quality with nice graphics as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mystery Express board is 1x3 panels (with each panel slightly smaller than our box), so it's half the size (split along the length) of a Ticket to Ride board for instance.

Eric @ DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.