Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Mendes de Oliveira
Brazil
Maringá
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, I'm trying to develop an AtB! solo firefight, following the rules of John Hill, from SoS!, and I'm sending to you to get some ideas. It's still in testing, so, I don't allocate the CAPs for each side yet, and maybe the VPs are desiquilibrated. Maybe some of maybe try this and give me suggestions of some points

(some text parts of the docx is in red, because I send to Uwe the first version. The red text is some changes)

here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmkmzziiruc

EDIT: If anyone wants the .doc version, I can post here too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great scetch of FF. I shall begin playtesting this evening.
Title: Company besieged?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Mendes de Oliveira
Brazil
Maringá
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Company besieged it's a good idea!

So, when you test this, try to check for the balance of the CAPs (that isn't implemented) and the VPs. Maybe the VPs can begin to count in later turns.

There is something that I forget to add in the night optional rules. The max range is reduced. I just don't know how much for germans and soviets. Maybe it's the same max range, or maybe the soviets can view more because they are hidden. Ideas, just ideas. Try one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This FF is a game on its own - very tense close combat, with a lot of tough decisions on players side. Drawback is, Russians can not move - and on many occasions half of their hidden units will not fire.
Viable strategy on German side is to move one unit for each platoon as a cannon fodder, stalling and waiting for Soviets to reveal as many units as they can, and then overwhelm previously 'scouted by AI algorythm' Soviet positions.
Anyway, very climatic FF - I like to picture this one as one of early Barbarossa's sacks/cauldrons being nutcracked by infantry that was urged to be used somewhere else - that is why the fast assault was crucial (and explains Soviet inf passiveness against less numerous enemy).
As Soviet CAP's would be used onlyto increase power of shots, and there should not be too many of 5FP shots not to devastate Germans on te first turn - and to show eastern resilience - I'd rather use 4/turn +1FP modifiers used when it waoul be most profitable for the Ruskies. They would remain no matter the losses.
I'd also give Soviets one extra shot/turn to be used only by spent units in CC or short distance to keep Germans honest.
German would need 7 or 8 CAPs.
Maximum 4 turns.
no VP for control markers in first 2 turns.
in 3rd turn: Soviet player receives 2 VP if still controls at least 3 CM. If not, Germans score 2VP.
In 4th turn: German player receives 3VP if controls at least 3 CM. If not, Soviets Score 3VP.

Now this is a real puzzle. ;)
Thanks for publishing this FF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Stein
Germany
76133 Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...I would love to give this one a try. However, I'm very afraid that this thread is outdated...

The link to the file download doesn't work any more and I couldn't find the FF in the files section at BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to contact Chris to get this firefight posted again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.