Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that user super_bruno has been working on some templates along these lines for fan-made variants, but I wonder what the official position is. Seems like a chunk of work and playtesting went into the solo game design, and it requires quite a few components per set: 32 cards + 32 NPC chits + 6 (or so; think this varies) object chits + 8 room cards = a lot of stuff to design and print and sell to a fairly small audience.

With 7 (8?) previous sets, though, it would be a huge waste to not have some way of using them, even if it's a bit clumsy. I'd happily pay for some means of doing this. Anyone have the "official" word?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Wiels
Belgium
Chatelet
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, you have to know that there was a solo version of the first edition box, but that wasn't published and probably will never be. I don't know if Chris would authorize an online publishing of this material. At some point, I had proposed to ask for a "ransom" in order to pay this work.

Last year, I spoke with Chris about the possible publication of such solo material for other boxes... His answer was very clear: designing such NPC is very time consuming and he will probably not do it again. Since each NPC has "character priorities", it is not really possible to devise some kind of generic cards without thinking about a team...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.