Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
edubvidal
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
My rules:

- The countdown marker is placed on the first space of the Countdown
Track. I play only one lap of actions cards (when the lead Action Card reaches the Starting Space again, the game has finished).

- Government Contracts, dealt randomly, face down. Take 2 green contracts and 2 blue contracts. In this moment, choose 1 of each.

- The action selections and income is like in the normal play. (Using only my three figures.)

My first game: 78 VPs

• [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edubvidal wrote:
My rules:

- The countdown marker is placed on the first space of the Countdown
Track. I play only one lap of actions cards (when the lead Action Card reaches the Starting Space again, the game has finished).

- Government Contracts, dealt randomly, face down. Take 2 green contracts and 2 blue contracts. In this moment, choose 1 of each.

- The action selections and income is like in the normal play. (Using only my three figures.)

My first game: 78 VPs

Very Cool. Thanks for the rules. Have some
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edubvidal
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
tikiguy wrote:
Very Cool. Thanks for the rules. Have some

Thank you, tikiguy.

Yesterday I played my second solo game: 84 VPs
- First Ship: 19 VPs (5 ship cards)
- Second Ship: 18 VPs (5 ship cards)
- Third Ship: 8 VPs (5 ship cards)

Blue Contract: 8 points for each ship in your fleet with at least 1 businessman, at least 1 soldier, at least 1 crane, and at least 1 cannon. Total: 24 VPs.
Green Contract: number of ships in your fleet that have exactly 5 Ship
Cards. Total: 15 Vps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
München (Munich)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this solo variant. I tried it yesterday, had fun and scored 71 points.

But there are still some things I am missing:

1) The fluctuation of tiles.

If you play with another player there come more new tiles in play. Maybe you can add a rule like in the solo version of At the Gates of Loyang:

After buying your tiles you take the last "0" cost tiles left out of play. So more tiles can come in the play.

2) More money

There seems to be less money in play, because there is max. 1 actionmarker in front of mine. To give the chance for more money (and thereby better chances for an extra action) I would

add the action marker "subvention" during setup.

3) Government Contracts

I like the idea of the original game play to start with more contracts and decide later to throw some away. Taking only one of each at beginning pushes me in a special direction. Maybe you can add this rule:

You start with 2 Government Contracts each. When the first action marker reaches the bottom right corner you have to put away one of each

That are my thoughts! Maybe I will try it next time.

Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Haskins
United States
Countryside
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the "rules." Tried it out and scored 67 for my first solo play. Not too bad considering I remembered I could pay for an extra action when I was already 2/3rds of the way through. modest Next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Sorbet
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"A son seul aspect n'est-on pas terrasse? Nul n'est assez hardi pour l'exciter" Job 40:28
mbmbmbmbmb
Great way to play. As I really like this game a lot I will check this variant in the days to come
:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played tonight for the first time (solo or otherwise) and managed a 69. This is great fun. Thank you for the solo rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Martin
Scotland
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one!

I also like solo variants even if just to help me learn the rules before getting other folks round the board. Have some from me too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played through a solo game as a way of familiarizing myself with the game, to make it easier to teach to others.

Ended up with 85 points, and don't think I was doing anything wrong.

27 points came from my third boat, and 30 points came from the contracts (I had the 5 point life buoy/lifeboat/lantern card, and the one that gives up to 15 points if you manage to have had one of everything somewhere in your fleet).

Can't wait to try it multiplayer, but this solo variant is a nice little point-maximization puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Amatulli
Germany
Paderborn
flag msg tools
JanMS wrote:
Thanks for this solo variant. I tried it yesterday, had fun and scored 71 points.

But there are still some things I am missing:

1) The fluctuation of tiles.

If you play with another player there come more new tiles in play. Maybe you can add a rule like in the solo version of At the Gates of Loyang:

After buying your tiles you take the last "0" cost tiles left out of play. So more tiles can come in the play.

2) More money

There seems to be less money in play, because there is max. 1 actionmarker in front of mine. To give the chance for more money (and thereby better chances for an extra action) I would

add the action marker "subvention" during setup.

3) Government Contracts

I like the idea of the original game play to start with more contracts and decide later to throw some away. Taking only one of each at beginning pushes me in a special direction. Maybe you can add this rule:

You start with 2 Government Contracts each. When the first action marker reaches the bottom right corner you have to put away one of each

That are my thoughts! Maybe I will try it next time.

Jan

Superb ideas! Bravo! Danke!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.