norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got two MicroBadge coupons that are burning a hole in my pocket and I would love to use them...

But finding the right badge is a challenge. Looking through each group... then each subgroup... then each sub-subgroup... then each... well, you get the picture.

I know I can go to MicroBadges under Misc, but that's still paging through page after page after page.

Can we get a downlaodable file with all of the Microbadges? It doesn't have to have all of the information... just the badge, the name and the groups it's listed under.

In an Excel format, you could use filters and searches and mark the badges you are interested in, then narrow down your choices.

Obviously, new badges are being added all the time, so it's never going to be "current," but a quarterly download would probably be enough for most people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Microbadges are searchable by title here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/browse/purchase

If you'd like a place to keep a wishlist (and get ideas for what other people are looking at), try this geeklist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/49858/the-microbadge-shopp...

You can keep up with new badges as they're added here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/490371
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but none of these do what I want to do.

I know that if I know what it's called, I can find it... but I'm looking for an easy way to "browse" through them that's not online.

There are over 10,000 microbadges. There's no way to search through them all at one sitting... and no way to "mark" them as something I'm interested in so that I can later go back and look at a more limited list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
Many users make shopping lists, either in geeklists, or simply on their profile of badges "to be bout in future".
that's how you can remember which one you want. (yes, not perfect, but a start).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
mb
mrorwell wrote:
I've got two MicroBadge coupons that are burning a hole in my pocket and I would love to use them...

But finding the right badge is a challenge. Looking through each group... then each subgroup... then each sub-subgroup... then each... well, you get the picture.

I know I can go to MicroBadges under Misc, but that's still paging through page after page after page.

Can we get a downlaodable file with all of the Microbadges? It doesn't have to have all of the information... just the badge, the name and the groups it's listed under.

In an Excel format, you could use filters and searches and mark the badges you are interested in, then narrow down your choices.

Obviously, new badges are being added all the time, so it's never going to be "current," but a quarterly download would probably be enough for most people.

Well, I've made a simple application that does, amongst other things, just that. I've used it for the listings you can find in New Microbadge Gallery, February 2010, this image, amongst other places.

If you want, I can water its functionality down a little, improve its usability and make work solely with a locally available (and static) configuration, in which you can basically view and search the list of microbadges, marking them for later buying. Drop me a geekmail with your email address and I'll send it to you in the next couple of days.

If anybody is else is interested, please lmk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the offer! Geekmail sent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the app that Joao created and it looks great!

Thanks, Joao!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
mb
mrorwell wrote:
I have the app that Joao created and it looks great!

Thanks, Joao!

Thanks Norman!

Version 0.01 of the Microbadge Library has been sent out. It's still quite basic, but should be perfectly functional, save for the odd bug here and there
It currently looks like this:

[the screenshot even shows some great badges ]

If a reasonable amount of interest exists, I will try to find a home for it here at BGG (probably the best place is Outside the Scope of BGG), where I could update its data around once a month or something in that line.

In the meantime, if you want the program, feel free to send me your email address by geekmail and I'll send it to you.

Please note that the application doesn't use the internet (i.e., it doesn't connect to BGG); it simply has a local database of the currently existing badges which you can search through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need a place for it, you might also look at the microbadge guild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salish99 wrote:
Many users make shopping lists, either in geeklists, or simply on their profile of badges "to be bout in future".
that's how you can remember which one you want. (yes, not perfect, but a start).

If you want to do this in your profile, use [ microbadge=#### ] without the spaces, and replace the hashes with the actual microbadge ID.

e.g. [ microbadge=13507 ] without spaces becomes mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mb
indigopotter wrote:
If you need a place for it, you might also look at the microbadge guild.

That would actually be a great place, but AFAIK guilds don't have a files section.

The tool has been uploaded to BGG and can be found at Microbadge Library; more info on it is located at Microbadge Library: Windows application for searching and viewing BGG's microbadges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.