Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
Designing game modules for the Zuntzu online gaming platform
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I am too blind to see it (or maybe it is just because I have the German version of SoS) but in several of the firefight descriptions I can not find any dates.

Here a list of what I could find:

FF1: May 1943
FF2: ??
FF3: ??
FF4: May 1943
FF5: May 1943
FF6: ??
FF7: ??
FF8: ??
FF9: July 7th 1943
FF10: July 8th/9th 1943
FF11: July 12th 1943
FF12: July 10th 1943
FF13: July 6th 1943
FF14: July 6th 1943
FF15: July 9th 1943

Since corn blocks LOS only from August to September, I assume this does not apply for any of this game's firefights so far, but in the rules it is also stated that in summer months corn and wheat hexes serve as cover for hidden units. However, I could not find a definition of what months are regarded as summer months (June & September included?) for game purposes. Can somebody clarify this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Beaver
United Kingdom
Newcatle/Gateshead
flag msg tools
mb
Yalnin wrote:

Since corn blocks LOS only from August to September, I assume this does not apply for any of this game's firefights so far... Can somebody clarify this?

Correct.

The English version gives the dates for all FFs and they're all before the corn grows high enough to block LOS.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

FF1: May 1943
FF2: July 4th 1943
FF3: July 5th 1943
FF4: May 1943
FF5: May 1943
FF6: July 5th 1943
FF7: July 8th 1943
FF8: July 10th 1943
FF9: July 7th 1943
FF10: July 8th/9th 1943
FF11: July 12th 1943
FF12: July 10th 1943
FF13: July 6th 1943
FF14: July 6th 1943

Since corn blocks LOS only from August to September, I assume this does not apply for any of this game's firefights so far, (Correct) but in the rules it is also stated that in summer months corn and wheat hexes serve as cover for hidden units. However, I could not find a definition of what months are regarded as summer months (June & September included?) for game purposes. Can somebody clarify this?

Corn = Cover Terrain from June to September
Wheat = Cover Terrain from June to August
(Font M&D Charts CoH SoS)

I think that outside of these months the terrain is considered No Cover.

Bye

Filippo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
Designing game modules for the Zuntzu online gaming platform
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies everybody. I expected this info in the rules, so I did not check the movement summary sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.