Subject: Any gamers in East London/Essex? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Upchurch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Hi,

After years of wishing there was a gaming club near me, I've decided to bite the bullet and try to set one up myself.

I guess I'm looking for fellow gamers in the East London / Essex area, to meet at a very nice, very quiet (but with bar!) venue near Seven Kings tube (on the BR line out of Liverpool St).

I'm open to what we'd play, though I prefer board games to RPGs... guess we'll see what direction the wind blows us.

If you're interested drop me a line, and let's get something going!

Regards,
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Poulton
United Kingdom
Harleston
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave

Not that I want to put anyone off starting their own Games Club, but I do run a Board Games Club in Upminster, Essex (end of the District Line) if you were interested in coming to that.

We've been going for nearly 2 years now and although I have contact with about 30 people we normally average about 10 at a meeting,

We meet every 1st, 3rd & 5th (when there is one) Thursday of every month. So we are meeting tonight.

We meet at:
Cranham Community Centre
Marlborough Gardens
Upminster
Essex

On this coming Saturday, 20th February, we are holding our first all day games day, at the same venue. We are starting at 10.00 am finishing at 5.00 pm. So if you fancy a days gaming thats the place to be.

We play all sorts of games, as a guide at our last two meetings we've played:

Battlestar Galactica
Oasis
Fearsome Floors
Pick Picnic
Agricola
Stone Age
Cave Troll

Fyi I do know that there are also gaming clubs that meet in Plaistow, Southend & Chelmsford.

If you want any further info then gm me or e-mail me on philipandkim@btinternet.com, or phone me on 01708 224610.

Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.