Subject: Boardgaming Activities in Boston rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am travelling to Boston on business, and have a free weekend 6-7 March. Are there any boardgaming groups or shops that anyone can recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Sorel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been to many game stores in Boston, but of the ones I have been to I would recommend Eureka Puzzles.

http://www.eurekapuzzles.com

The store itself is fairly small, but all of the people there are really nice and welcoming.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shops, Pandemonium books and games, Complete Strategist, and Eureka Puzzles are the ones I would recommend.

As for the gaming, not much public gaming happens on the weekends. It's mostly friday night or Wed night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad R Morin
United States
South Central
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Light in the Darkness
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be able to get a jump-start by checking out a recent, similar thread here: Good gaming store in Boston

My personal recommendation would be for Pandemonium Books & Games. If you have time, you could actually start there and walk 10 minutes to Games People Play. If you have a car, you could even start at Pandemonium, go to Games People Play, and keep going to the Compleat Strategist, all in 15 minutes.

For the addresses (and other stores in the area), check out The great "FLGS of the world" mapping project; it describes how to access a Google Map of the world that has BGG members' FLGS indicated with their comments (just zoom into the Boston area).

Hope this will be of some help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
As for the gaming, not much public gaming happens on the weekends. It's mostly friday night or Wed night.

Friday evenings. I think I can manage that, although it is too early to be definite. Any information on an ongoing event to plan my schedule around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Complete strat moved to Alston. it will take more than 15 minutes to get there.

There's SGS on Friday nights that always happen. There might be a convention during that weekend but I don't remember. Check the Unity guild as they have other dates on it. More specifically, check the Unity Yahoo group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darned. My trip got postponed, and I will miss the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hanley
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey! I'm goning to be in Boston for business on Monday and Tuesday (March 8-9).

Anybody up for some gaming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Patrick and all,
I am reachign Boston on 7/3,and 8/3 evening looks open. Unfortunately I may be a little jetlagged, so am only up for some of the lighter games. PM me if interested.

JH

edit: Not anticipating anything, I did not bring anything with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.