Europe Engulfed» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question: which Major Power gains points for controlled Resources? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear strategists,

after couple of first games of EE we have met certain amount of questions. Can you help us, please?

Which Major Power gains points for controlled Resources?

1) For example German units conquer Greece. Do points for Greece go to Germany even when it's later controlled by Italian garrison?
2) What if resource area was conquered by both allies, for example British and US troops take control of German resource area? Who gains resources from that?
3) How does it work for France being liberated? Does Paris still provide only 2 points for liberators or 8 points? Who gains those points?

Thank you very much for your time and answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Germany gets all the WERPs for Axis-contolled resources, but can give up to 5 per turn to Italy.

2. No one, the Western Allies are the good guys, and they allow the liberated resources to be used to start rebuilding the infrastructure of the liberated war-torn country.

3. 2 WERPs, to Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your answers!

So if I understand that right, Axis or Soviet Union use resources for their own needs whenever they get them, whilst Western Allies are unable to boost their war economics by liberating or occupying other countries?
Therefore Germany occupies Netherlands, Belgium and Paris, it gains 6 WFRP (3x 2 points) while those areas are garrisoned. When Western Allies liberate those countries/city-area, they do not gain any points besides closing on to ending the war. If Germany is able to successfully reclaim liberated areas, it drains them once again.

May I have another question, please?

Italy on the other side is permanently poor Major Power that has 10 WFRPs minus its fleets. Can Italy build new fleet without using Optional Rule for slow 5-points building over time? When neutral, Italy has 5 + 5 (from Germany) = 10 WFRP, in war it has 10 - 3 (for fleets) + 5 (from Germany) = 12 WFRP. The only case seems to be when Italy loses all its fleets and gains 5 points from Germany.

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct about the Italian Fleets. They can never get to 10 WERPS, and thus cannot purchase another fleet.

Now that you have a few games under your belt, I would recommend using all of the optional rules. They are not add much time, and they really add alot to the game.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stevenson_Junior wrote:
Can Italy build new fleet without using Optional Rule for slow 5-points building over time? When neutral, Italy has 5 + 5 (from Germany) = 10 WFRP, in war it has 10 - 3 (for fleets) + 5 (from Germany) = 12 WFRP.

A fleet point costs 10 WEPRs. 12 > 10, therefore Italy can build fleets once at war and supported by Germany, even if not using the partial builds rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
A fleet point costs 10 WEPRs. 12 > 10, therefore Italy can build fleets once at war and supported by Germany, even if not using the partial builds rule.

My mistake, somehow I thought that fleet's cost is not 10, but 15 (probably mistook it for ASW improvement). Thank you for correction!

Motto: reread rules every time before sleep, you'll find things you forgot or misread before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.