Popular Tags: [View All]
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
Forza Vecchio Cuore Granata!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I've just received the small deck, but I can't figure out where are the corrections to misprints from the base game (3 or 2 cards?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the only two cards with the blue faces in LGH (as opposed to the red/yellow "setting sun" color scheme for the new cards). They are the Smelter and the Shipping line. There is a card included that explains that the corrections are replacing the word "coal" with the word "coke"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that these are corrections for the 2nd edition Le Havre. There are not corrected cards for 1st ed... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
Forza Vecchio Cuore Granata!
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Also note that these are corrections for the 2nd edition Le Havre. There are not corrected cards for 1st ed... shake

Ok, so probably I've the first edition, because I don't see any difference cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supertopix wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

Weren't there some corrections from the 1st edition to 2nd edition cards as well?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
supertopix wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

Yeah, I can't see a difference either.
Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very disappointed with the corrected cards in this expansion. I have the first edition and it seems like there is no recourse for us to correct the first edition reprinted cards short of buying a new copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
izack wrote:
very disappointed with the corrected cards in this expansion. I have the first edition and it seems like there is no recourse for us to correct the first edition reprinted cards short of buying a new copy.

Yeah, I agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Cassani
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1
It's unconceivable, I have the first edition of Le Havre and I almost bought the expansions just for the replacement cards (I did't explore all the possibilities with the first deck of special buildings yet, and I see the new cards could have balancing issues).
Especially, it's laughable that they decided to use 3 slots in the deck to fix 2 easily recognizable typos that don't affect the game at all, and do a minimal favour to the buyers of the 2nd edition, instead of fixing those 3 cards of the 1st edition (that in the way they are misprinted, have a real impact of the game) and make that amount of earliest purchasers of the game finally satisfied.
I shall add, but it should be as clear as daylight, that those fans were expecting a viable solution to this issue by the publishing company since as early as the game was first released 2 and a half years ago, and I believe it was told to all of them that the cards would be replaced at some point, and just wait that the first official expansion would be out. It's not a coincidence, that even Le Grand Hameau page here on BGG states that the deck would include replacement for the 3 well-known misprinted cards, not 2!!
Now after waiting patiently I find myself with no fix at all and another unworthy purchase: thanks Lookout Games for adding insult to injury, I will certainly remember about it. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actually just ask them for the corrected deck, they might send it to you. i got mine just by asking and buying other stuff at the same time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Cassani
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will certainly try to do it. Just hope that buying the base game at the time and Le Grand Hameau will be enough a reason to send me the fixed deck of cards for a finally fixed Le Havre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ratter
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yikes. just reading this now. What was the 3rd card from the 1st edition everyone is mentioning that wasn't included in Le Grand Hameau? Did it get fixed in the second edition? Was it something about turn order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.