Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to read to the rules for this game before I commit to a preorder. Are the rules available for reading? I couldnt find them on the LNL site. Best, Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went up this morning:

http://www.locknloadgame.com/sneakmanuals/TOT-Manual-noscens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jormungandr wrote:

Awesome!

Are there more plans for the game? I know its just coming out I was just curious if other theaters of the war would be visited and perchance other time periods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
jormungandr wrote:

Awesome!

Are there more plans for the game? I know its just coming out I was just curious if other theaters of the war would be visited and perchance other time periods?

If people play it, I will deliver more Tank on Tank action (and do so in 2010).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jormungandr wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
jormungandr wrote:

Awesome!

If people play it, I will deliver more Tank on Tank action (and do so in 2010).

WOOT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brandon
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ToT looks great Peter, I just read the rules and loved them enough to pre-order it immediately!

1) What's up with the counter graphics? Given all the stellar WW2 counter art already in the can that LNL has, why are we getting white silhouettes? It's not like they have to pay for new art, why not use the good stuff?

2) I sure hope an East Front version will make its way out at some point!

Congrats on this neat new game I can't wait to play!

FYI..it seems like this system could be used to make a sci-fi style futuristic game of tank combat. There is a gap in the market now for it and a lot of demand...it could savage the market like an Ogre, just sayin'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenway5 wrote:
ToT looks great Peter, I just read the rules and loved them enough to pre-order it immediately!

1) What's up with the counter graphics? Given all the stellar WW2 counter art already in the can that LNL has, why are we getting white silhouettes? It's not like they have to pay for new art, why not use the good stuff?

2) I sure hope an East Front version will make its way out at some point!

Congrats on this neat new game I can't wait to play!

FYI..it seems like this system could be used to make a sci-fi style futuristic game of tank combat. There is a gap in the market now for it and a lot of demand...it could savage the market like an Ogre, just sayin'!

Hi Christopher!

1) we wanted the art to look distinct from White Star Rising and to suggest also some of the abstractions at play here. Hence, new art.

2) assuming the series does well, East Front will happen. Not the first follow on title, but will be in there.

Sci-fi is an interesting idea - I won't make any promises right now, but will give it some thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brandon
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter, thanks for taking time to respond! Between ToT and Dawn's Early Light you are one busy man!

As to art, I understand what you mean, but sex sells and counter art is the "sex appeal" in a war game. I'm not sure there would really be much confusion and certainly if confusion was a serious issue why would they publish ToT in the first place? But that's just one knucklehead's opinion, worth about 2 cents U.S. but an amazing 1.8M in Zimbabwe!

I'd say a Sci-Fi tank combat game is much needed. As to the draw of Sci-fi, look at how well Forlorn: Hope has done for VP games! They sold out in about a day, and are now charging $5 more for the same game because demand is so high!

A ToT: MARS game or ToT: 2099 could make a great impact in the market!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom T
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just made a quick read-through of the rules, and it looks to me as though there is no difference in the attack values of any of the units. So with the exception of range, the 75mm of the Sherman is just as potent as the 88mm of the Tiger I. Is that correct, or did I miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toshach wrote:
I just made a quick read-through of the rules, and it looks to me as though there is no difference in the attack values of any of the units. So with the exception of range, the 75mm of the Sherman is just as potent as the 88mm of the Tiger I. Is that correct, or did I miss something?

Absolutely correct and fully intentional. This is a deliberate design element in the game and one of the reasons why I've described it all along as somewhat abstract in its look at armored warfare. I realize not everyone will be pleased with this; in which case I'd advise one to look at a different system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this game takes some elements from M44 and CoH as long as I can see...

A question : There is a tank in the adjacent hex . I must engage in Close Combat or I can decide to attack another tank in a farther place ?

But , can you tell me what kind of tactical experience do you want us to have with equal firepower tanks ?

I think I ll buy this game. Seems a good one to play with friends and my kid !!!

Thanks ....success !!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
labalbi wrote:
Well, this game takes some elements from M44 and CoH as long as I can see...

I used a similar combat system in my first design - I like the simplicity of rolling 2d6 and trying to hit a target number which is right there for anyone to see. CoH uses the same system, which is one of the reasons why I like playing it

Quote:
A question : There is a tank in the adjacent hex . I must engage in Close Combat or I can decide to attack another tank in a farther place ?

You can shoot at any legal target you please, though an adjacent tank will often be the bigger threat.

Quote:
But , can you tell me what kind of tactical experience do you want us to have with equal firepower tanks ?

I want players to concentrate on spending their action points well and outmaneuvering the other guy. Bigger guns have longer ranges and the heavier tanks have more armor, which makes them harder to stop.

When a Tiger shoots you from 3 hexes away and you only fire 2, that means you have to burn an AP to get in range to return fire - this is a big deal when you might only have 2 to spend for the whole turn.

Advantages in gun therefore create better efficiency in how you can use your APs rather than focusing on the impact of the projectile. This is a lean mean game and all of the various unit abilities ultimately tie into these notions of efficiency and securing a better return for the action points investment.

Quote:
I think I ll buy this game. Seems a good one to play with friends and my kid !!!

I've found it very easy to teach and the blindtesters picked it up without too much trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Price
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Love the action point idea!

Are the scenarios separate? I ask as the preface for the rules does not say they are included in the game, neither are they in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be scenarios! What's posted is just the "rules" section of the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jormungandr wrote:

These rules are awesome! I'm buying this game just to encourage this style of straightforward, accessible, and occasionally humorous wargame rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.