SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to visit an Italian game show. I am confused as to which ones are around, what the dates are and how to get there. I need to know, cities, places, nearest airports, and preferably if I can fly from Newcastle to there.

Please advise.

Note, I cannot speak or read Italian. I have never been to Italy before.

I would prefer a two or three day event, and a day being a tourist in the city if possible.

Please tell me info on all the good shows coming up this year.

Cheers,
Jon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that one of the best things you can do it is to came down in Rome for the www.giocaroma.it .
This year edition should be in the week end of 10/11 of september, but the dates till have to be closed.
This is just a gaming convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Paolo, that looks good and suits my touristy needs too. Is there anything sooner? I think there is one at the beginning of March?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not here in Rome and not a simple gaming con. Several of the others are more to sell than to play GiocaRoma is to play with some shops for covering the costs. GicaRoma is free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ludica Milano is in Milano (obviously), near the end of March (26-28, I think). I'll be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Jon,

I'm not sure what you are searching for but the biggest are:

PLAY2010 see http://www.play-modena.it/
DADI:COM see http://www.dadiepiombo.com/dadicom.html , old one ... the new will be in december

or see http://www.dadiepiombo.com/date.html

see http://lucca09.luccacomicsandgames.com/ too, the new one not yet available.

To Modena nearest Bologna Marconi
To Crema nearest Milano Malpensa
To Lucca nearest Pisa Galilei

Just one thing, Italy is still "young" in the field of events related to games, we are many but typically italian organized ... tha passion is great but also the pride.
Let me know if you'll come in Italy, I'll give you my welcome if possible (living near Crema).

Bye

Filippo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, this is very helpful for me. I think it was Modena I was thinking about. I need to work out flights, but it may be that Pisa is the nearest airport I can get to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Filippo speaks words of truth. DADI.COM, LuccaGames and PLAY right now are in my opinion the big three in Italy. I'm not much into lead (DADI.COM), and Lucca is great only if you want to do some shopping (plus, it's usually within 1-2 weeks from Essen – and last year I had my share of shopping right there in Essen), but PLAY, being the new and revamped ModCon, is the place to be. Heck, ModCon was already the place to be, but in later years was a bit cramped. Now, in the new expanded location, it looks like it will be great. Plus, an exclusive game by Martin Wallace you can get only there! Plus, an exclusive microbadge you can buy from me! mb Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long does it take to get from Pisa Airport to Modena by train, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I STRONGLY recommend PLAY, in Modena, 13-14 march. I think this year it will be attended by a good number of englishmen, BTW.

Travelling from PISA by train is about 3 hours. If you can, land at BLQ, Bologna, or in Parma (Ryanair serves both the airports). It is just 30-40 minutes from there.

See you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To go from Pisa to Modena by train you will have to climb the train in Pisa, arrive at Florence, change and take the train to Bologna, and at Bologna probably change the train again since few of the trains passing through Bologna stops even at Modena.
You find a flight convenient even the for Forlì or Rimini.
Consider Milan to be as far away from Modena as Pisa, with the difference that from Milan, once you are on the train of Ferrovie dello Stato, you go straight to Modena without any need of change.

Anyawy keep an eye on GiocaRoma, it's going to grow up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for all your help, amici. I'm trying to fly from an airport local to York, so that's Newcastle (best), Leeds/Bradford (poor), or Manchester (okay). The advice about the train from Pisa really helps. Changing trains is okay, but a straight ride is better.

If I can get my flight sorted, then I am definitely on.

Thank you for all the advice. Rome later in the year sounds good too, but I'd like to get to Modena if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I am booked to fly from Newcastle to Bologna via Paris. My problem was that I was trying to find a direct flight. Do'h! I've only ever travelled on direct flights, and totally forgot about stopovers!

So the travel agent got me sorted and booked. More on this later, since I have to now get a hotel and get from BLQ to the hotel in the middle of the night (my flight arrives 22.45 I think, so it will be midnight before I leave the airport).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I've some friends, one even from www.youplay.it, working at Bologna airport. I will ask them advice. By the way, do you know www.youplay.it ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
Ok, I've some friends, one even from www.youplay.it, working at Bologna airport. I will ask them advice. By the way, do you know www.youplay.it ?

Thank you Paolo.

I've not seen youplay.it before. I'm on BSW, but have no time for online gaming. Well, no time or inclination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at it. You can play Blue Max, Cartagena, Wooden Ships and Iron Men, King Me! and Vampiring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.