Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to learn to play MtG through a program (solo). Anyone know where I could try it, for free if possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Keech
United States
Brentwood
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official site has a dowloadable client that you use to play online. There is a tutorial that will teach you the basics of the game, but I dont know of any other programs out there with a Solo playable AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
wrkeech wrote:
other programs out there with a Solo playable AI.

try google
there used to be one many years ago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bryce
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I currently have a PS3, PS2, Wii, XBox 360 and an Amiga 1200 all connected to my TV
badge
HMS Astute on Sea Trials
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have an XBox 360, then there is a very good Magic game called Duels of the Planeswalkers http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-....

It doesn't have the deck-building mechanic of the real game, but that only makes it easier to learn the basic rules and flow of the game. You can play against the AI or multiplayer. It also has a series of challenges which help you learn to spot the best play in any particular situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to learn to smoke crack. Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Microprose made "Duel of the Plane Walkers" and "Spells of the Ancients." (I think I have the titles right.)

Both were good for learning card interactions. I think they are probably available at abandonware sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a group trying to keep the Microprose version alive, complete with ALL the newest cards.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=898

It works decently enough, but you'll need a sense of adventure to get it to work on your own system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.