Subject: Mengentherm finished, what's next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larz Welo
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
badge
You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm trying to teach myself the game right now, and it's been a little slow going. I just finished Mergenthiem and am trying to get some additional experience with the basic rules set. I've already mangled some important rules.

What should I solo next? I'm looking at the two Freiburg scenarios because they involve lots of fortifications and are relatively small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go for Lens or Rocroi as it is open ground, layer in terrain later with Alerheim. Once you are familiar with terrain, Freiburg is a good solo game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McNeely
United States
Hilo
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished Rocroi solo and it was a lot of fun. Not having to worry about terrain probably makes this a good second despite the size. It seems pretty balanced as well, although bad die rolls destroyed the Spanish cavalry. Things did not turn out well for the Spanish this time either. I kind of struggled through the intro scenario but everything clicked on this play-through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.