Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just picked up a bunch of Netrunner cards off of craigslist--383, to be overly exact. I'm looking to build up some starter-like decks to play with--actual starters are even better, I guess.

If I don't care about the power level of the decks, should I try to trade rares for bulk commons? I have 17 rares right now. Or are decks more fun with a few rares sprinkled in, even if the decks are not optimized? What would be a fair trade--one rare for X commons?

I've looked over "constructed" decklists, and I'm obviously never going to play that way. Is it enjoyable to moderately optimize a deck, or should I just play starters?

If anyone wants to trade--rares or (better) boardgames, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decks are fun to make, but it's not necessary. Netrunner plays great right out of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Ledbetter
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the most fun ways to play according to many is to simply use "Starters" (I have only played a few times but I can attest that this is fun and a workable solution) Of course there are no sealed starters in the bulk cards available now but the program NetSeal generates cardlists for starters. This is a nice way to make workable but largely random decks. Of course you need a lot of cards to build the decks. The nice thing about netrunner is the Vitals category of card rarity. They are common but the most useful cards that you will need and want in your deck (probably.)
see the websites
http://www.runners-net.com/ (NetSeal is available here)
and
www.netrunneronline.com (cardlists and deck ideas)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.