Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Who should be on the 10, 20 and 50 geekgold bills? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
Avatar
mb
Hiya,

I uploaded this image to BGG yesterday:



Erniepaul commented it asking "Who should we put on the 10s, 20s and 50s?"

So, I ask you Chit-Chat, home of all wisdom, forum of enlightened comprehension and understanding, dibber of souls, who should I place on the bag10, bag20 and bag50 geekgold bills?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason Sato
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


John Daniels
United States
Walled Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar


Kevin Gonzalez
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


etc...

Call me a traditionalist.

-DK
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reiner Knizia, Freidman Friese, and Uwe Rosenberg.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

Call me a traditionalist.

-DK


Precisely the choices I was thinking.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a thought for the pyramid on the back.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

Call me a traditionalist.

-DK


Precisely the choices I was thinking.


Care to clue the rest of us in?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

Call me a traditionalist.

-DK


Precisely the choices I was thinking.


Care to clue the rest of us in?


Traditionally only deceased people are on bills...

The users above are all deceased.

-DK
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
tatoolo wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

Call me a traditionalist.

-DK


Precisely the choices I was thinking.


Care to clue the rest of us in?


Traditionally only deceased people are on bills...

The users above are all deceased.

-DK


The 500 could have Franz-Benno Delonge on it.

Franz-Benno Delonge
Germany
München
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox or Telemundo. :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I can be on the 2. Everyone would be afraid to use it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
10 $ Elizabeth J. Magie

20 $ Alex Randolph

50 $ Sid Sackson

And please, exchange the 5 and the 100. The "idea" should be the 100, not a Björkobot.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Derk in his cat suit.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cat in a box.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
Avatar
mb
DKahnt wrote:
Call me a traditionalist.
Did I stumble upon some sensitive (American) point regarding people on money? My idea is just to have some fun with this.

duchamp wrote:
And please, exchange the 5 and the 100. The "idea" should be the 100, not a Björkobot.
Yeah, you're probably right.

iklinck wrote:
Reiner Knizia, Freidman Friese, and Uwe Rosenberg.
Freidman would certainly look cool

erak wrote:
Derk in his cat suit.
Derk is already bag2.

col_w wrote:
Cat in a box.
Love, love, Love it!

Anymore suggestions?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bail Organa wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
Call me a traditionalist.
Did I stumble upon some sensitive (American) point regarding people on money? My idea is just to have some fun with this.


No worries...



-DK
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barnes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
Avatar
mb
Which line should be pursued?

1 Seriousish board game references (such as Friedemann Friese)?
2 Notable BGG users (such as Grognads)?
3 Silly BGG references/jokes (cat in a box, etc )?

Based on some of the suggestions, and for illustration purposes, some quick $10 examples:
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bail Organa wrote:
Which line should be pursued?

1 Seriousish board game references (such as Friedemann Friese)?
2 Notable BGG users (such as Grognads)?
3 Silly BGG references/jokes (cat in a box, etc )?

Based on some of the suggestions, and for illustration purposes, some quick $10 examples:


I think the F.F. bill needs to be more "green"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
Avatar
mb
MWChapel wrote:
Bail Organa wrote:
Which line should be pursued?

1 Seriousish board game references (such as Friedemann Friese)?
2 Notable BGG users (such as Grognads)?
3 Silly BGG references/jokes (cat in a box, etc )?

Based on some of the suggestions, and for illustration purposes, some quick $10 examples:


I think the F.F. bill needs to be more "green"

I had thought about coloring his hair, such as in this quick and quite badly made example:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.