Michael "Tie-Dyed-Eyes"
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Game!

I have a bunch of questions that are nagging me.

1. What does C/C Unit stand for?

2. When do you choose to use resources? Before or after you place the Action Point Chits?

Example2a: In a round of Combat, I see that I have dealt enough damage that the enemy only has one wound left, so can I then choose to use a grenade to finish him off? Or must I decide before I place the Action Points, and run the risk that the Grenade may be unnecessary?

Example2b: In a skill check, can I wait to see how well my Pilot does before deciding whether I need to use an Intelligence resource to meet the Piloting skill check?

3. After completing some missions, I want to use my accrued experience points to increase unit attributes. How would you go about making that change evident? Would you write on the card? Does anybody have another method?

3. Rhino location? When you go to an indoor node, does the Rhino remain in the outdoor space? If you emerge from the indoor area on a different node, does the team have access to the Rhino, or do they have to go back to the node where they left it?

4. Hard Fight variant (9.1)
If you fight and defeat an enemy, can you resolve the node (skill check) in that turn, or must you wait until the next round? Once you have defeated an enemy in a node, must you continue to check for enemy presence each round you remain there?

5. Armor vs. Armor Piercing weapons
How are the wounds calculated when there are AP weapons and normal weapons in the same fight?
What happens in the case of your example on page 7, if 1 of the three wounds came from Heavy Weapons?

Rulebook wrote:
Example: An Alien Queen with 2 Armor icons suffers 3 wounds: one wound is automatically inflicted (3 wounds-2 Armor icons=1 wound); for the two remaining wounds (corresponding to the two Armor icons) you pick a random #: the results are ‘2’ and ‘5’, so one additional wound (the ‘2’ result) is inflicted to the Queen.

Would 2 wounds be automatically inflicted and only 1 wound would require a random number check?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mayse
United States
Los Lunas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. C/C stands for Close Combat - these guys are better at melee than the standard Assault Team in that they can defend better against attacks (one shield and two health).

2. Resource items can be used at any time before or after random numbers are generated or wounds occur as needed.

3. Depending on how you manufactured your game team/character cards, you'll probably just have to write those skill point additions on a separate piece of paper...I have not found a better way to do this...maybe use colored beads for different skill types?

4. Rhino rules are still a bit fuzzy for me too...I think we need to go back to the designer and ask for clarification on Rhino rules...

5. For Hard Fight, you only have to switch the Actions sub phase with the Events sub phase, but you would have to move the Turn marker down after the Event sub phase is resolved. For example, you want to move to a Security 2 node...following the Operations Phase, you would first advance the Turn marker, then proceed directly to the Events sub phase. After you resolve the Events sub phase, you would follow through with End Turn. You would then be able to start a new Operations Phase by first moving the Turn marker down and because no Events are present you can then follow Actions sub phase steps for Node Resolution of Security 2, advancing the Turn marker after each fully unresolved attempt.

6. If all 3 wounds came from the Heavy Weapons Team with their AP Fire skill, then 3 full wounds would penetrate and injure the Queen because she has only 2 Armor. Because you can allocate wounds how you want against enemies (following the rules on pg. 7, top of 2nd column), you can allocate your AP hits however you want against enemies with/without Armor.

Hope this cleared some things up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael "Tie-Dyed-Eyes"
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Warwalk,

Last night I played about 5 missions, and worked through a bunch of my troubles. The one area I still feel confused about is applying wounds with Armor. But I'm going to post a new Thread with that in the title.

Michael;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
revtiedye wrote:

3. Rhino location? When you go to an indoor node, does the Rhino remain in the outdoor space? If you emerge from the indoor area on a different node, does the team have access to the Rhino, or do they have to go back to the node where they left it?

When you move from indoor to an outside node you can immediately use the Rhino regardless of where you left it (the communication about the new coordinates of the team occurs automatically). This means also that if you move from indoor to an external location you're going to execute the Event check (if any) while Inside the Rhino.

I agree, the Rhino rules are not clear: i will fix the rules on this topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Urdinaran
United States
Hammonton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Rhino doesn't actually take up a space on the map, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
urdinaran wrote:
So the Rhino doesn't actually take up a space on the map, correct?

Correct: you can consider that the Rhino is always with the team while in the outside nodes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mayse
United States
Los Lunas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zak,

Just want to confirm that I have it right for using Hard Fight rules in my explanation above as well as the Armor/AP delegation of hits...I don't want to be telling anyone these things if I am wrong about your rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.