Popular Tags: [View All]
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I'm subscribed to some Geeklists.
Some of them are looong.
When I click on "Next" for the new posts I find one new post is highlighted and centred in my screen.

How do I get to the other new posts in that list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have your subscription preferences set to notify on Geeklist Items and Comments? If so, do you know you're not getting separate notifications of each?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hmmmmm so maybe there is a drop down box in the notification?

I get one line of notification with something like "3 comments and 1 geeklist item" at the left hand end of the notification.

I'll be back when I have an example to try out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
Hmmmmm so maybe there is a drop down box in the notification?

I get one line of notification with something like "3 comments and 1 geeklist item" at the left hand end of the notification.

I'll be back when I have an example to try out.

Ok, If you don't have links to each one, that does seem to be a problem for a huge geeklist. Also, what notification method are you using? The subscription system, geekmail, or email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
The subscription system. Hadn't thought of the others.

And maybe there is something in the subscription notification that gives me access.

I'll try next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Checked today.

No apparent friendly way to use subscription system for large geek-lists. (Could still be wrong as all new itemsand comments on the same page - but no mechanisms visible.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've subscribed to a large geeklist, and I just got a link to a new item. Unfortunately, I can't really confirm it was the only new item. Google searching for Posted Today doesn't seem to actually work.

The geeklist is here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8323/softboard-games-f...

Perhaps you could comment on three items on two different pages, and I can see whether I get one, two or three subscription notices?

If you do so, please link to the comments so you can delete them later (unless you have relevant comments, of course).

Oh, then post back here, please, so I can find this again! (Sure would be nice if subscription history was by last active, but I suppose I can always go back to GM notifications.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I hope you get paid for this.

I've posted 2 comments; one to "Aliens" and one to "Choice".
(I'll do the clean-up later.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
I hope you get paid for this.

I've posted 2 comments; one to "Aliens" and one to "Choice".
(I'll do the clean-up later.)

No, I just do it to keep BGG friendly. I'm also a little curious, myself, because I don't use GLs much.

So, I got this one item (the formatting will be all wrong):

SoftBoard Games: Free, Commercial, and Abandoned Computer Version of Board, Card and Role-Playing Games with Computer AI (Artificial Intelligence) Opponents with Screen Shots

GeekList: SoftBoard Games: Free, Commercial, and Abandoned Computer Version of Board, Card and Role-Playing Games with Computer AI (Artificial Intelligence) Opponents with Screen Shots

3 comments
1 geeklist item
from Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 pm
[mark read]

I then clicked next item and got these four links:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8323/item/525763?comme... (one of yours)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8323/item/140272?comme... (one of yours)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8323/item/134473?comme... (someone else)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8323/item/1211369#item... (the new item)

So, I seem to be getting all posts. It's just a little odd because one GL subscription item generates 4 pages before it "wears out".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hi Walt,
these 4 items are opening in separate tabs or separate windows or do you get to see them some other way?

EDIT: aah, on reading and insisting that all the necessary info was present I see that you just keep clicking "Next:" and that takes you to all the items.

(Guess who habitually opens their new items in a new tab? That'd be me. Will try out this new approach.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OTOH, I just got an alert for that list that said two new comments, and I only got taken to one. So some bugs may be un-stomped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
OTOH, I just got an alert for that list that said two new comments, and I only got taken to one. So some bugs may be un-stomped.

Were they on the same page or different pages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glsonn wrote:

I don't know. It's the Softboard list. Even one page is extremely long. I didn't look for the second one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
glsonn wrote:

I don't know. It's the Softboard list. Even one page is extremely long. I didn't look for the second one.

Okay. I think if they're both on the same page, it won't notify you more than once. But if they're on different pages of the same thread, then it will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.