United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A friend of mine might be going to Germany and has offered to buy board games for me... I mentioned to her the size of some board games and she says she is fine with any sizes/weights because she is going to be packing light

So..

Are there any games worth getting over there?

I'm looking for games that would be cheaper and/or hard to find in the US. (Mostly cheaper though lol)

If a game will be released in the States in the near future and will be cheaper here, then I don't mind waiting...

I don't have any preferences in games as of right now because it's fun to browse and read up on all sorts of games... except I don't play war games (no offense!)

So if anyone has any recommendations or links to some geeklists I should check out, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Note: I asked about the prices in a general gaming thread and was told that ordering online in Germany is the way to go to get most of the cheaper prices. This isn't a problem for her because she will be staying with a friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansa Teutonica is getting rave reviews from BGGers and is import only.

I also suggest buying up a bunch of filler Amigo games. That's what I did in my trip to Japan, and I'm pretty happy with them. Even 6 nimmt! is a rare import only game that's 10x better looking than Slide 5. Pick up 11 nimmt! as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greed Incorporated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greed Incorporated

Greed is a great game and, based on your collection and game ratings, I think that you and I have pretty similar tastes, as well as collections (yeah yeah, yours is bigger). Greed is about half the price in Germany that it is here and it's an awesome game about defrauding your investors and then frivolously spending their hard earned profits while laughing maniacally (maniacal laughter not included).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Hansa Teutonica is getting rave reviews from BGGers and is import only.

I also suggest buying up a bunch of filler Amigo games. That's what I did in my trip to Japan, and I'm pretty happy with them. Even 6 nimmt! is a rare import only game that's 10x better looking than Slide 5. Pick up 11 nimmt! as well.

Thanks, Ralph! I love Nimmt! Will check out it's new sister game as well as Hansa T

blueatheart wrote:

mdornbrook wrote:
Greed Incorporated

Greed is a great game and, based on your collection and game ratings, I think that you and I have pretty similar tastes, as well as collections (yeah yeah, yours is bigger). Greed is about half the price in Germany that it is here and it's an awesome game about defrauding your investors and then frivolously spending their hard earned profits while laughing maniacally (maniacal laughter not included).

lol thanks! And it's not the size but the quality right? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ranoobu wrote:
lol thanks! And it's not the size but the quality right? laugh

To quote the hot girl the unceremoniously interrupted my friend in the middle of this exact sentence, "Size matters."

edit:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.