Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Wilburn
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules say to quickly release your finger to flick the Zball. However, the example shows the person using their thumb to flick the Zball. Is the designer's intention to use your thumb only or any finger? I ask because most people flick with their middle finger by flicking off the bottom of their thumb. This is what I do when playing pitch car or paper football, which generates more power. I think you would get much less power by doing it the way the person is flicking with their thumb in the example. At least I know I would. I thought there may also be something lost in the translation.

2. The rules say to mark your bicycle with a flag, but it does not say where to put the Zball. I assume it goes in front of where the bicycle was or just in front of the flag because you place your bicycle behind the Zball after you flick it. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
La Grosse Boite
France
La Rochelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. Having played the game with the designer, he confirmed that you can flick the ball using your thumb and any other finger you chose. Power, in this game, i found is not as useful as precision.

2. Yes you mark your ball with a flag and also with your bicycle, setting your bicycle just behind the Zball after your move. The Zball is then given to the next player to play, who will put the Zball in front of his bicycle and then remove his Bicycle. The Flag allowing all to see where he played from if he had to reset his Zball from where he played it.

I hope this clear things out for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Wilburn
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that clears it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
randywilburn wrote:
I ask because most people flick with their middle finger by flicking off the bottom of their thumb.

This seems an odd comment to me. In my experience, almost everyone uses their index finger as the flicker. Is this a regional thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Middle finger for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
La Grosse Boite wrote:
1. Having played the game with the designer, he confirmed that you can flick the ball using your thumb and any other finger you chose. Power, in this game, i found is not as useful as precision.

Even more important is the ability to make funny noises as the ball works its way toward the edge of the track and you need to vocally encourage it to stay on the board.

"ahhhh AHHHAH Don't fall! DON'T FALL!!! DONTFALLDONTFALLDONT... crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.