Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I destroy the tiger tank in the metz scenario? I was fortunate to draw four decent unit cards at the begging which i immediately purchased, but my tank got destroyed and now i have to rely on an engineer. The support from other units is not enough and every card that the non player draws always seems super devastating. Only one unit rests between the tiger and my home row. What do I do!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any socks? Have you considered making a sticky bomb?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not clear on your 'draw four decent unit cards...' statement. In Metz you get to spend 40 prestige points on any units in the unit deck prior to the game beginning (max 5 units as there are only 5 spaces on your start row). After that you can purchase cards out of your hand normally. You'll probably want to purchase one of those Pershings to face the Tiger as part of your initial force along with some heavy gun support. Rangers and paratroopers are also decent tank killers/support units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Crapcry you mean I should be able to move my first turn and also be able to hand pick my units! Wow, that would have been a great help. I think I will start over and make sure I have some better units going up against that tiger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to wipe out the Tiger in a "test run" I did this morning, without any return fire from it. Since it will move forward one space into clear terrain and can't attack, the trick is to get enough firepower on it to kill it. I also got lucky with a Combat card that lowered it's morale.

For the record, I attacked it with a Pershing tank, supported by a 75mm Howitzer, a Priest, and an Engineer. I used two combat cards, Accuracy and whatever it is that lowers morale on the enemy unit by two points.

A very interesting system, I'm looking forward to getting in a full play sometime this month.

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.