United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have to move the full amount for the order? (Move a bee only 1 space instead of 2)

Can you change direction while moving?

To move a bee from the hive to the exit, do you have to have the order for that type? Or can any order move any bee?

How does scoring work? Could you clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Blain
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again Andrew,

Thanks greatly for your comments; another encouraging step on this most interesting quest!

I’m just about to upload replacement files for Bee-Siege to the BGG database – subtle changes to board, tiles and rules. As it may be a while before they’re approved, I’ve taken the liberty of sending the PDF attachments to your Playtester-mail address. Hope this is OK. With this final version, perhaps I might have drawn another rating point from you? laugh

David Coutts, inventor of 6 Billion and local to me, has been passing around a couple of copies of Bee-Siege V2.0 for me and feedback from his blind-testers has been very good. Essentially, the Order and Honey tiles have been refined so that they pretty much answer your questions; indeed, V2.0’s a little simpler (and more interesting) to play…

[Edit} Version 2.0 uploaded and approved.

1. In this final version, all Hive graphics on the Order tiles have been removed so that Bees must deploy exactly as a selected Order tile indicates; for example, if the Order to deploy a Honey Bee 3 squares is selected, a Honey Bee must move exactly three squares (if all Honey Bees are blocked for whatever reason, the piece immediately bounces to it’s Hive).

2. Movement is in straight lines only; no change of direction. And no applying two Order tiles to the same Bee in the same round.

3. Honey tiles have been replaced by two types of “Bonus Order” tile (please have a look at the attached file I've sent you). The Lead Player selects either an “Exit Hive” Bonus tile (introduces a Bee-inforcement) or a “Hatch Bee” Bonus (establishes new Bees to the Hive); to be used at round’s end. In V2.0, there’s also an Exit Hive tile added to the shared Order pool.

4. Scoring has also been simplified (the “10-point-flower” graphic on the game board has been removed): At the end of eight rounds, players add up how many of their seven original flower-squares remain free of opposing Bees. Highest number wins. In the event of a tie, players tally up the points of their swarm on the field. Highest total wins.

There’s also a couple of other tweaks, like a “plus-one-point” tile for the Queen.

Thanks again for your interest. If you can offer any advice on where you think I should proceed from here, that would also be greatly appreciated. It’s tough for board game designers in Australia.

Regards, Matthew Blain
Melbourne, Australia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.