Hide
6 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: Johnny's Background Story rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
johnnylovesjenny johnnylovesjenny
msg tools
Hi, over the past few days I've been writing a background story for the heartthrob Johnny Miller. Basically, I looked at every card he is on and used them to help me build the story. I don't have the expansion, only the basic game so there may be some other cards I didn't use. I also intertwined his story with other people and tried to stay as true to stuff as possible. Lemme know what you think. I can't attach it so here it is...I know it's kinda long but I think it's worth checking out

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The day started completely normal in the small town of Woodinvale. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and everyone seemed perfectly at peace and happy. It was just like every other day. However, once the sun set, unexpected things started happening throughout parts of the town. Strange noises were heard and many people had trouble sleeping. Some say the graves keeper was the first to scream for help while others say it was just his last gasp before the living dead consumed him.

For Johnny Miller, the next day was just another boring day at high school. The only real thing that kept him motivated and going was the opportunity to play football. Johnny, the star quarterback of the team was one of the most popular guys in school and was going out with the most admired girl in all: Jenny, the daughter of crazy old Farmer Sty. Most people were too scared to even walk by the farm due to all the rumors that were told about Sty but Johnny didn’t care much about rumors, especially if he got to bang Sty’s daughter. The school day started and Johnny goes through the motions as always: barely going to class, chatting up the girls, and just waiting for practice to start. But then things begin to change.

The final bell rings and kids start scurrying around to their classes while Johnny, backpack hanging on one shoulder begins to slowly stroll toward his least favorite subject: English. Glancing around, though, Johnny notices that not all his fellow students are actually human. He hears some say “need braaiinnnss” and others apparently doing the thriller dance. Johnny writes all of this nonsense off, though, thinking it to be just another spaghetti and meatball day at lunch. However, Johnny suddenly hears a scream and sees his beloved Jenny running with two of the weird students slowly following. Johnny becomes a little suspicious and clutches Jenny in his arms telling her that he doesn’t know what’s going on but that it’s all going to be okay. Johnny and Jenny happily decide to forget about school for the day and try to find out what’s happening. Johnny stops at the gym to pick up a bat. He sees one on the wall encased in glass and steals it. This was the bat that was used to set the state record for homeruns and Johnny thought it would come in handy in case he needs to bash some people. Jenny runs ahead heading for the exit when she decides to stop at the woodshop to see if she can pick up anything handy. Mr. Hyde, the shop teacher, tosses Jenny his last torch, as he too is gathering up anything he can find during this weird time, and they both make a run for it. Mr. Hyde goes off on his own to help protect some other students and Jenny heads outside and waits for Johnny on the steps of the school.

Once they are together Johnny and Jenny both scan around and notice that the whole town has been overrun by…what appear to be zombies. The two look at each other but realize there is no time to try to comprehend what is going on with this normally peaceful town if they want to survive. The two students run around town for a little while and the sun begins to set. Jenny hands Johnny the torch and they start moving more slowly, compensating for their lack of vision and their plain exhaustion. Jenny suggests that they head to her father’s farm and try to hole up there for a bit and think of other ideas. Even though Johnny has second guesses, he cannot think of any other options.

The farm is now just in sight; however, due to the darkness there is no way of knowing if the zombies had reached it yet. Johnny and Jenny can only hope. Jenny sprints ahead wanting to check on her father and Johnny, knowing he can’t stop her, holds on to the torch and searches for more supplies and any possible clues. Seeing nothing in sight Johnny decides to meet back up with Jenny and her father at the farm, hoping they are still safe. Johnny turns when suddenly there are tons of zombies in front of him. Johnny doesn’t know what to do but due to his experience in tough sports situations doesn’t panic. He runs for a little bit but trips and drops his bat and torch. Knowing there is no time to go back he pushes on until he reaches a dead end, only buildings surround him. He spins quickly, ready to take on the horde that faces him.

Sweat starts dripping down his face and Johnny seems cornered…the zombies keep inching closer and closer. No one could expect what would happen next, though, as Farmer Sty shows up pitchfork in hand and screaming crazily. The zombies turn to find out what the noise is and Johnny immediately makes a run for it, not knowing what exactly just happened. He blitzes through the zombie horde, knocking one aside as he sprints on. Johnny throws off his jacket thinking it to be slowing him down and luckily replaces it with his once-lost bat. Bat in hand Johnny heads toward what he hopes is his girlfriend’s farm.

Johnny finally sees the farm in the distance and runs on to the doorstep. He knocks on the door and Farmer Sty quickly opens it, glances around and throws Johnny inside by the collar. “They almost gotya back there,” Sty says. Johnny begins to respond but Sty has already moved on, trying to secure the windows. Jenny runs downstairs and hugs Johnny tighter than she ever had before, “I thought you were dead,” she says and Johnny, finally realizing how close he was to becoming one of those things, just grasps tighter. Farmer Sty screams and calls out, “Johnny! Quick! Help me with these windows; the zombies must have tracked one of us back here!” Johnny runs to Sty’s side and begins to help block the windows.

Zombie hands are reaching through, clawing at Johnny but luckily the damage seems to be nothing more than just a scratch. To Johnny’s left, Farmer Sty is trying to hold off the horde bursting through the door. He jabs a few with his pitchfork and apparently manages to kill a few. Johnny, noticing his window is secure, rushes to the stairs to help Jenny who went back up looking for weapons. Along the way, though, Johnny comes across a few stray zombies who finally managed to get through the windows. He struggles with the first zombie as the bat strikes the zombie’s outstretched arm and doesn’t seem to affect him. Johnny’s tough, though, and punches out with his other hand to fend the zombie off. Johnny takes down the second with a quick strike to the head and then swings at the third but his bat splinters. Johnny throws it at the final zombie, the bat breaking right in the zombies face, as Johnny runs up the steps, two at a time.

Once on the second floor, Johnny quickly heals himself of the wounds he has taken. Jenny tosses Johnny her chainsaw and picks up another pitchfork from the wall. Suddenly a scream comes from downstairs…Farmer Sty seems to have been overrun. Jenny yells and tries to run down to help her father but Johnny holds her back seeing a horde of zombies coming up the stairs. Johnny steps in front of his girlfriend and faces the zombies, unnecessarily self-sacrificing himself for Jenny. He yanks the cord of the chainsaw but realizes it is out of gasoline and useless. He throws it at one zombie but there are still too many.

Johnny can’t give up now, though, and remains confident, maybe too confident. The zombies surround Johnny and he doesn’t know if Jenny is okay, let alone see her. Johnny raises his fists, the only weapons he has left and welcomes the zombie horde, overconfidence brewing inside of him. “I ain’t goin’ out like a chump!” he shouts, but all he can do now is try to buy enough time so that Jenny can escape while the zombies tear through him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
super bump!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
bump!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Anyone want read this and give feedback? I want to know what people think. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
johnnylovsjenny4ever wrote:
Anyone want read this and give feedback? I want to know what people think. It would be greatly appreciated.

It's interesting, but I initially blew right past this thread because Last Night on Earth shines because of it's gameplay and theme, not because of any backstory, or lack there of. In all honesty, those that love it already have a rough idea of a good backstory for the game and its characters. It's pretty much an amalgamation of every Zombie or Horror B-Movie plot ever released.

While I appreciate your passion for the game and your efforts, I'm afraid I can't give you the kind of feedback you want. I'm neither a professional proofreader, nor the least bit interested in any of LNoE's characters' backstory.

Sorry.

PS: Though it doesn't bother me in the slightest and in spite of me understanding your motivation, it IS generally a breach of netiquette(?) to "bump" a thread as many times as you have. It's one thing if you're bumping it once because you feel the thread got lost in a sea of other new threads and it just didn't get the chance to shine. The fact that you've bumped it not once, or twice, but FOUR times, giving the thread a total of FIVE different opportunities to get noticed and still nobody replies, well...that should be setting off bells and whistles telling you either nobody likes or hates it enough to post, or nobody cares.

Again, sorry...Just my two cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.