6 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 reformers, 1 impulse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Muir
Germany
flag msg tools
I understand that you can use two reformers in an impulse if one is activated by a card. So, I can play "A Mighty Fortress" (which requires me to flip Luther) and still flip Zwingli for the bonus on the same impulse.

But what about flipping reformers in two language zones? Could I play a 2-point card, use 1 cp for translation in Germany, flip Melanchthon for the bonus, use the other cp to translate in England, and flip Tyndale too -- all in one impulse?

Doug M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Unless one of them is activated by a card, you cannot flip more than one Reformer in an impulse. It doesn't matter what the Reformer does...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or put another way, you can only use one reformer bonus per impulse. You can use reformers in other ways (as you mentioned Luther) but only one for his bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or for another example, you could use a 5 ops card, call a debate using 3 CPs that uses two of your debaters (including a debater that give a benefit in the debate) then use the last 2 for something else and still use a debaters bonus, say for translation or for extra dice in reformation attempts. But only one may be used for a bonus during an impulse.

Basically, its one use for bonuses in reformation attempts or translation per impulse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
adiamant wrote:
Or put another way, you can only use one reformer bonus per impulse. You can use reformers in other ways (as you mentioned Luther) but only one for his bonus.

That's not quite right, because bonuses that apply to debates don't count. The rule is you can only use one reformation/counterreformation attempt or translator bonus (but not both) per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Pertuy
France
frouard
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg Forster wrote:
adiamant wrote:

That's not quite right, because bonuses that apply to debates don't count. The rule is you can only use one reformation/counterreformation attempt or translator bonus (but not both) per turn.

You can only use one reformation/counterreformation attempt or translator bonus (but not both) per impulse.

However, the bonus affects all reformation/counterreformation attempts provided by the action. I.e. if Pope burns books he can use some debatter bonus for his two counterreform attempts. If he burns book again in the same impulse he cannot use any debatter.

Thierry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.