Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Third race of the championship a new challenger on the track Pedro"Petrus Raikkonen"!

Qualifying day was cold and sunny strange weather for the Egyptian city.

After the qualifying sessions Jon Hamiljon (McLaren) and Perando Alfondo (Renault) achieved similar lap times. The same situation as in Taruma, and the stewards again give the pole to Jon.
1. Jon (Mclaren)
2. Pere (Renault)
3. Marc (Toyota)
4. Pedro (Raikonnen)

Starting Grid

Jon makes a massive mistake planning a 60º turn, but his correction, a 45˚ turn, closing the door on Pere who wanted to gain p1 on the first corner. So he has to hard brake to avoid a crash.

Trulli and Raikkonen profit from the situation and pass poor Fernando.....

Petrus Raikonnen is searching for a line to use his KERS and advance on Trulli...

.....And he does it!!!!!

This is the crucial moment of the race... They are on turn 2, Pedro pushing forward to overtake Jon Hamilton, but Jon moves over into Pedro's path... He doesn't want to use a correction to avoid Jon, so he decides to Hard brake...Trulli, who is only 1 mm behind has to brake as wel.... Alonso tries a crazy move... By using a correction he plays a turn to the inside of Jon and marc to try and overtake, over the kerb and hoping to use his KERS afterward........

But he doesn't make it and his car oversteers and collides by a few mm with Pedro's cars.

Pedro is thirsty for blood, he wants revenge.... but finally he decides to park his car safely and look for other things to do, definitely a better idea than to play in bloodlust...

From this point on the race is completely decided. Jon increases his gap with Marc, while Pere has a lot of problems driving his damaged car.

In the end Jon finishes first, an easy victory for him :/

Results
1. Jon (McLaren)
2. Marc (Toyota)
3. Pere (Renault)
4. Pedro (Ferrari) dnf

Complete race photos
Championship Page, Results and Current Standings

Jon said this after the race:

"After the 1st few turns this race was a walk in the park. I defended my line, and the ensuing melee behind gave me lots of breathing space. Firm but fair. Others might not like it, but I learned the dirty tricks from the master.

Marc drove tidily for 2nd but needs to find a way of avoiding trouble to truly challenge, and he can’t rely on me making mistakes to be able to beat me. Remember too, 2nd place is 1st loser Mr Srour."

So this was all from el Cairo. Next race is in Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.