Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Stronghold Games Opens for Business, Gets Ready to Reveal New Titles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold Games Opens for Business, Gets Ready to Reveal New Titles

New Jersey, USA and Ontario, Canada -- February 17, 2010 (For Immediate Release)

The team of Stephen Buonocore and Kevin Nesbitt are proud to announce the launch of Stronghold Games, a North American board game publishing company. Additionally the company is preparing to reveal two exciting reprints as the first games slated for production.

Stronghold Games was founded upon a single principle, which became the mission statement of the company: To produce the highest quality, finest board games and card games in the designer board game industry. No game will ever be produced that this not exemplary in its mechanics, game category, or theme.

Stronghold Games will be focused on delivering a combination of both highly-regarded reprint games and a selection of new games from talented well-known and new designers.

The first two games of the new Stronghold Games catalog will be announced in a separate press release on February 20, 2010. These two games are both reprints of beloved classic games, and both offer easy-to-learn rules while still being difficult to master for hardcore gamers.

Information regarding these game releases will be made public on February 20, 2010 via the company website which can be found at:

www.Stronghold-Games.com

In addition, the announcement will be posted on the popular boardgaming websites Board Game News (www.boardgamenews.com) and Board Game Geek (www.boardgamegeek.com).

Stronghold Games' products will be available in regular distribution channels by Q2/Q3 2010. The company's online store will also open at this time, although the company website is now open for informational and inquiry purposes for gamers, designers, retailers, and distributors.

About Stronghold Games LLC:

Stronghold Games LLC is a publisher of high-quality board games and card games within the designer game industry. Stronghold Games will be releasing its first games during Q2/Q3 2010. Stronghold Games LLC is a Limited Liability Company formed in the State of Delaware, USA.

Stephen Buonocore, Managing Director
Stephen@Stronghold-Games.com

Kevin Nesbitt, Managing Director
Kevin@Stronghold-Games.com

http://www.Stronghold-Games.com

Mailing address:
Stronghold Games LLC
17 Sunflower Road
Somerset, NJ 08873

Phone:
+1-908-304-5711

###
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To all my friends on The Geek,

I would like to add some personal thoughts to the above Press Release that we just posted...

It is very exciting for me to be embarking on this new endeavor. In many ways, this is really a dream come true. Being a life long gamer of all types of games, I dreamed of getting into the gaming industry in a bigger way... and now I have that chance.

I asked Kevin Nesbitt to join me on this journey. Kevin brings considerable industry experience to the table to get Stronghold Games on the right course. Without a doubt, Kevin is one of the smartest people, as well as one of the hardest working people, I have ever met in my life. I am very proud to be working with Kevin on Stronghold Games.

Stronghold Games looks forward to doing great projects for you in the near future.

Please wish us luck!

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Managing Director
Stronghold Games LLC
www.stronghold-games.com
email: stephen@stronghold-games.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to you!

My mind is racing as to the re-prints you will be doing...any hints?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
badge
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
mbmbmbmbmb
How will you be handling European orders/pre-orders ?

Having communicated with Kevin on several occassions about this very topic i would assume that some serious thought has gone into that.

Looking forward to the games

Good luck !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romian Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of lucks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to you and Kevin! May the boardgaming gods be looking favorably over your shoulders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Good luck to you. For the record

" both offer easy-to-learn rules while still being difficult to master for hardcore gamers"

does not sound promising.

Actually, that sounds very promising - bringing to mind most of my all-time favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
It ain't Dune. It might be Twixt.

Come on Twixt!

All kidding aside, I wish ya'll the best of luck and I'm looking forward to the 20th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regai wrote:

Come on Twixt!

Oh great! The secret's out already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, guys! But please, for the love of all that is good and holy, lose the website music.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Heath
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
Good luck, guys! But please, for the love of all that is good and holy, lose the website music.

I concur!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Architeuthis wrote:
How will you be handling European orders/pre-orders ?

Having communicated with Kevin on several occassions about this very topic i would assume that some serious thought has gone into that.

We're working on a solution for European orders. The best solution would be to have a distributor take a shipment of games direct from the factory and then ship from within Europe. Failing this, we'll do our best to make sure that European shipping is available.

Having seen some of the issues that can arise first-hand, we're very interested in getting our games into our customer's hands no matter where in the world they live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen and Kevin,

Congrats on the opening of Stronghold Games. As one who has visited the legendary Stronghold on many occasions, I can tell you I'm very excited by your announcement and look forward to discovering all the fun stuff Stronghold will bring us in the future.

And your website looks really slick, too!

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations and good luck to the both of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'll guess Civilization, and... Merchants of Venus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the warm wishes!

These are exciting times for us. We look forward to bringing you some great games...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Managing Director
Stronghold Games
www.stronghold-games.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
Thanks for all the warm wishes!

These are exciting times for us. We look forward to bringing you some great games...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Managing Director
Stronghold Games
www.stronghold-games.com

If the detail that went into the website design is any indication, then these games are going to be stellar. I look forward to learning more.

Congratulations!

Albert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats and good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p.s. 'flashy' website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:

Yes, best of luck. I'm excited to see a new company with some drive and ambition.

But please loose three things... the website music, the over-dependence on Flash (HTML 5 works just fine guys!), and tone down the hype a couple of notches. Great that your GOAL is to produce only fine games, but please don't promise that all your games will always be stellar, as that is unrealistic and such unrealistic promises make you look a tad unprofessional. Please name for me one game company of the perhaps ten's of thousands that have come before you that have managed to ONLY produce fantastic games... exactly, if you can't name one, then why are you hyping yourselves to be the one finally able to deliver on this promise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwdalrymple wrote:
p.s. 'flashy' website

The use of Flash on your website brings my machine to its knees. Please hire someone who knows how to code in an open standard like HTML 5 next time you have to do a site overhaul. Nothing screams unprofessional hacks to me like a website constructed entirely with Flash, and it doesn't seem like you guys are hacks.. so I hope your site will reflect your professionalism in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBobbio wrote:
DJ Kuul A wrote:

Yes, best of luck. I'm excited to see a new company with some drive and ambition.

But please loose three things... the website music, the over-dependence on Flash (HTML 5 works just fine guys!), and tone down the hype a couple of notches. Great that your GOAL is to produce only fine games, but please don't promise that all your games will always be stellar, as that is unrealistic and such unrealistic promises make you look a tad unprofessional. Please name for me one game company of the perhaps ten's of thousands that have come before you that have managed to ONLY produce fantastic games... exactly, if you can't name one, then why are you hyping yourselves to be the one finally able to deliver on this promise?

Thanks for your input, Bob. I think you might be confusing our Mission Statement for hype. "Best" is subjective granted, but any company not making it their mission to produce the best games out there won't be in business for terribly long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, before I forget, I should direct everyone to the announcement of the two games we're getting ready to print!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/497705/stronghold-games-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pile on with the anti-flash sentiment, though for looks rather than performance (brings your computer to its knees? really? mine's like 5-6 years old and wasn't exactly top-of-the-line when I bought it).

Your first two releases look like they fill an interesting niche - well designed older abstract American games that had good gameplay but were inevitably buried under the flood of Monopoly/Trivial Pursuit/Scrabble. I'm interested to see how you approach the component quality/price-point question - both of these games could be made quite playably and cheaply, but you could also make some really nice components and charge a bit more, especially for confusion (I'm not sure what I'd prefer, just curious).

I will say that I would strike the mission statement from the site. To have that somewhere internally to check business decisions against, fine. It's kind of vague to the point of meaninglessness for a public statement. It makes me think of something the pointy-haired boss would say in Dilbert.

On the other hand, who gives a fig what I think. Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, likely there will be lots changed on the website over the next few weeks. Our timeline is based largely around the production of the games themselves, so the website will continue to evolve as we approach the opening of the online store and preorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.