Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have anyone have any house rules for cattle riders to make them not so crappy?
or is there some advantage to them i havnt seen yet...?
I was thinking instead of only being able to advance into the hex their opponent just vacated, (regular cavalry get an extra move)
they get TWO extra ones, that way it simulates the whole charging thing and there not such a worthless unit,
Other ideas?
Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I was missing that they get 1 extra die on bonus attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
new, updated cards here

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still not sure if the original cards for the Cattle Riders and the Goblin Slingers that DoW had intentionally or unintentionally left of the abilities that were later added by FFG, but I thought (and still do think) it fine for the Dwarf cavalry to be "crappy" - a nice balance with their relatively more stout foot units. Now, we haven't yet gotten to the CtA deployment cards for Dwarves, so it remains to be seen how those cards would balance vs other nations/races, but to me it seemed that was the intention with the cattle riders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With CtA, I would never intentially add them to my army before FFG made the rule change. They were just really sucky mounted units that are not bold. With the change, I now see that they can be a benefit.

Same with the slingers. Before you had to get close enough that on your opponents next turn, they could move one space forward and attack. With the new change, they are a little stronger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it best to have double crappy and 1 good, instead of single crappy and nothing special, that way it has something cool about it being a cow :P
Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on how these mooers are playing with the new additions to their cards? (+1 Pursuit Die)
Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.