6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Where to find Sushizock im Gockelwok and Formula De Mini rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Why is it so hard to find these game? Does anyone have this problemsoblue (or solution )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Formula De Mini is now out of print, and has been for at least a year.
That's likely why it's difficult to find.

The other one, I don't know, and don't care to speculate. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushizock has always seemed to be hard to get in the US. I'd just suggest you subscribe to an On-line store (one that let's you subscribe to an item being added) and wait.

For Mini? Are you SET on it for some reason. I enjoy Formula De' somewhat, but don't care too much for Formula D. I can see why you might want Mini for simplified play with non-gamers. But, essentially they are all VERY similar. I'd suggest picking up a copy of Formula D and instead of playing with those 'special powers' and the boards, you could get a bag of plastic coins and just play your Formula De Mini rules with those you want to. But, then if you wanted the more depth of individual losses, you could uses the boards of Formula D.

+edit to fix an error reference to Formula D+
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Sushizock has always seemed to be hard to get in the US. I'd just suggest you subscribe to an On-line store (one that let's you subscribe to an item being added) and wait.

I got my from Boards and Bits, but I am pretty sure that I have seen it at Time Well Spent and a couple of other on-line stores. I agree that it does not seemed to be easy to get, though I was lucky and got it the first time I was looking. I still find it very odd that this game has not been picked up by Rio Grande or another US company.

Guantanamo wrote:
For Mini? Are you SET on it for some reason. I enjoy Formula De' somewhat, but don't care too much for Formula D. I can see why you might want Mini for simplified play with non-gamers. But, essentially they are all VERY similar. I'd suggest picking up a copy of Formula D and instead of playing with those 'special powers' and the boards, you could get a bag of plastic coins and just play your Formula D rules with those you want to. But, then if you wanted the more depth of individual losses, you could uses the boards of Formula D.

I will agree with Mike on this. Since you can get the Formula De Mini rules on-line and add the chips, the only compelling reason to pick up Formula De Mini instead of Formula De or Formula D is the tracks that can only be found inside the Formula De Mini box. If you can live without these, save yourself the trouble and get the bigger edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no idea Sushizock was hard to get. When I felt inclined to pick it up I just checked boardgaeprices.com, and at least one of my normal places had it, because I don't even remember it being an issue. Check back periodically I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
deacondavid wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:

I got my from Boards and Bits, but I am pretty sure that I have seen it at Time Well Spent and a couple of other on-line stores. I agree that it does not seemed to be easy to get, though I was lucky and got it the first time I was looking. I still find it very odd that this game has not been picked up by Rio Grande or another US company....

Yes, those are the two I had in mind, I've seen it at both places. They both offer the ability to go to the product page and 'subscribe' to the item. As soon, as it goes into stock it will send you an e-mail. Coolstuff and Funagain also does that and I'm sure there are more.

I was trying not to favor any particular vendor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.