Lecco
LC
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
OPTIONAL RULES

6.1 Movement through Artillery units
During the movement, the artillery units can be crossed from unit of infantry, cavalry and generals. At the end of the SINGLE movement 1 unit and eventually 1 general can be present in the hexagon.

12.1 Rally
If the General is aggregate to the unit that executes the rally attempt, you recover 1 elememt ALSO with every result of the General (white icon), rolled with dice.
The maximum of 2 elements can be recovered for attempt.

15.0 Morale
The units once reached the number of losses established (4 for the units of infantry, 3 for the units of artillery or cavalry), will be removed by the table Only if they will not pass a moral test.
To apply the following formula:

Infantry: Fire value (VF) -4 = value of Moral
if 1d10 > value of Moral = ROUT, remove the unit
Example: an unit of French infantry (VF9), endures 4 losses.
9 -4 = 5. If the 1d10 rolled is 6 or more, the unit is removed by the map.

Cavalry: VF:2 -3 = value of Moral
Example: an unit of medium Cavalry (VF12), endures 3 losses.
12:2 =6 -3 = 3. If the 1d10 rolled is 4 or more, the unit is removed by the map.
Value of morale of Heavy cavalry: 4
Value of morale of Light cavalry: 2

Artillery: 6 (Value base) -3 = value of Moral: 3
Example: an unit of Artillery (VB6), endures 3 losses.
6 -3 = 3. f the 1d10 rolled is 4 or more, the unit is removed by the map.
Exception: If a artillery endures the 3rd loss when it is charged by the cavalry, remove the unit from the map without to carry out the moral test.

If the unit passes the moral test remains in the same position.
The unit successively, if activated, will be able to be withdrawn.
When an unit that has passed previously the test, will endure an ulterior loss (the 5th for the infantry, the 4th for artillery and the cavalry), will come automatically removed from the map.
Units that have passed the test can try to recover the losses with the rally.

Important: If the result of inflicted losses exceeds the value which predetermined for the test, the unit comes immediately removed from the table.
Example: an unit of Infantry with 3 losses endures ulterior 2 losses: remove it from the map immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand how you get the morale check numbers for infantry and cavalry; they're based on the unit's Fire Value at range 1. I don't understand the "value base" of 6 for artillery. Where does this number come from?

Quote:
The units once reached the number of losses established (4 for the units of infantry, 3 for the units of artillery or cavalry), will be removed by the table Only if they will not pass a moral test.

Units that have passed the test can try to recover the losses with the rally.

Important: If the result of inflicted losses exceeds the value which predetermined for the test, the unit comes immediately removed from the table.
Example: an unit of Infantry with 3 losses endures ulterior 2 losses: remove it from the map immediately.

Let me see if I have this correct: units who take damage exactly equal to the number of remaining elements are allowed to make a morale check to survive. If they survive, their stand remains on the board and they can later activate, retreat, and recover strength if eligible.

Quote:
When an unit that has passed previously the test, will endure an ulterior loss (the 5th for the infantry, the 4th for artillery and the cavalry), will come automatically removed from the map.

Are you saying that units are only allowed to pass one morale check? So, for example, if an infantry unit has taken its 4th loss, passed its morale, then takes and additional hit later, it isn't allowed to make a morale check?

- If the above is correct, how do you track which units have passed a morale check?
- If a unit has passed it's morale check, retreats and is able to recover some elements due to a Rally, is it allowed to make a morale check again if it later suffers casualties exactly equal to the number of remaining elements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Crippa
Italy
Lecco
LC
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
kentreuber wrote:
I understand how you get the morale check numbers for infantry and cavalry; they're based on the unit's Fire Value at range 1. I don't understand the "value base" of 6 for artillery. Where does this number come from?

Three (3) was the number tested for Morale value plus three (losses taken). The result number (6) was used as "Base Value".

kentreuber wrote:
Let me see if I have this correct: units who take damage exactly equal to the number of remaining elements are allowed to make a morale check to survive. If they survive, their stand remains on the board and they can later activate, retreat, and recover strength if eligible.

Yes, you are right

kentreuber wrote:
Are you saying that units are only allowed to pass one morale check?
So, for example, if an infantry unit has taken its 4th loss, passed its morale, then takes and additional hit later, it isn't allowed to make a morale check?

No! In the optional rules you read "the 5th for the infantry, the 4th for artillery and the cavalry".

kentreuber wrote:
If a unit has passed it's morale check, retreats and is able to recover some elements due to a Rally, is it allowed to make a morale check again if it later suffers casualties exactly equal to the number of remaining elements?

Yes you are right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.